Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Currently using USAA. I heard of some folks using Grundy, Barrett Jackson, etc...

I'm told they have a way better deal as far coverage and cost to insure. Just curious what company your using and what's the thing to look out for when switching over the the collector car insurance companies.

I keep switching from storage insurance whenever I want to drive it to keep the cost down. It's around 30 bucks a month for storage insurance. My normal cost is around 130 for insurance on 4 vehicles and it bumps my rate to around 230 a month when I take the Viper off of storage and want to drive it.

I don't have any accidents on my record or tickets, and I'm 35. Just seems a little high to me.

Thanks for your help,
Eugene

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I wanna get on USAA soon (not a serviceman, just a civvie bum whose parents saw the world from a submarine periscope!)

Presently on Geico though. While I know they're big and people have had bad results with them, the one car accident I was in back in 2006 they went to bat pretty hard for me.

My insurance premium total (2 cars) was cut in half trading up from a 2006 GTO to the Viper though which was a nice surprise!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Geico
$100/300k
$500 deductible comp/coll
25 YO male
No tickets or accidents
Only vehicle

$440/6months

Pretty good deal if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'm with Infinity. I tried getting agreed value insurance with Grundy, Hagerty, etc. and none of them would touch a Gen II Viper. They said the claim rate was too high on them. I'm in my 30's as well with a clean driving record. I only pay 200 bucks a year on an agreed value plan. I'm limited to 6k miles a year of driving and the car can't be daily driven, or used as transportation to work.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate the input guys!

Yeah not a daily driver, more like once or twice a month on a weekend. At least when the car's actually running, LOL! That's what I was trying to find was company that would give you an agreed value plan as you have with some cheaper rates as well.

6K is alot of miles to put on in a year, at least for me it is. Anyone with a similar company like the above that has a higher mileage plan with similar costs?

·
1,542 Posts
I had my two turbo cars with infinity through a local insurance agent who does the policies for all the local dfw street/race cars.

Shoot me a pm if you want their info.

·
Suspended
25,637 Posts
USAA here. No issues.

Reactions: JohnnyLightning

·
Premium Member
19,096 Posts
I have USAA for my drivers, but switched to BJ for the Vipers. I was paying $900 per car, per year(3). Thru BJ, I am paying $950 for all of them, agreed value of $50K-$70K

·
Suspended by order of Blacksnake99
9,913 Posts
You guys are all getting raped. Barrett Jackson (Chartis) here.

I dont want to post the rate publicly but PM me if you want to know. I couldnt get within half of this rate with anyone else (i am a USAA member too, and they are not in the ballpark either).

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I am using USAA. I am very happy with the rates. Just put the G on the policy and it is $104 per month. $1MM liability, comp, collision, $250 ded.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I did away with usaa years ago. Now I just bank with them. I'm insured through geico. Two cars, a ton of tickets and an accident is only $120/month.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Geico
2 cars (viper/BMW) under 1600 a year
Someone hit my BMW many years ago and Geico did the right thing.

I don't have the greatest coverage on the viper but it's good enough. It's not a daily driver

There's tons of factors when it comes to car insurance. ( area you live, history etc)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have 2 cars on my policy. $45k on the Viper and $25k on my Vette. I am paying WAYYY less than you are for 1 car @ $35k.
Through whom ?

I see you're in Missouri and I'm in Florida. Dunno your age or any other factors that might be there.

I'm satisfied with haggerty so it'd be have to be VERY. Substantial to change

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have Shelter and I was paying a arm & leg, I when and talked to my Agent about collector car insurance and after 10 minutes (taking Photos) I got $35000 guaranteed If something happens to it,for right at $500 @year But I can not go over so many miles per month. I'm 45,married,Clean record,multi-car and I live in a small town.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts