Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished installing Roe's vec.1 about 2 hrs ago. Roe rocks!!!!!! My car now literally "screams" at wot!!!!! All these little add-ons I been doin' are startin' to add up!!!!(as far as hp's) Sounds alot nastier at wot!! Before I was able to break the rears loose once and a while shifting into second, now it's just about every time!!!!! If it's 10-15 extra hp's, it was just enough to break the traction barrier!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: Well worth the 200 bucks and 2 hrs I spent on it! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I need more money......... /images/graemlins/sad

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Heck, I picked up 40 HP @ ~4200 RPM (e.g. still somewhat usable) from the VEC1 alone. Even Sean was surprised. Set it up right on a dyno, it's worth it. Prior to my dyno setup, I was only picking up something like 12 HP.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
McGuireV10 said:
Heck, I picked up 40 HP @ ~4200 RPM (e.g. still somewhat usable) from the VEC1 alone. Even Sean was surprised.
You're shittin' me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/shocked /images/graemlins/shocked

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Actually I picked up 41 RWHP averaged over three runs. Zero it out and I'm at 421. Set it up right and I'm at 462. It took about five runs to get it set just right. I actually step it down a bit for day-to-day driving, though, since I don't really like the idea of running it mega-rich or ultra-lean (the best numbers were at Low -18 and High +20).

The only changes from stock are Bosch Platinum+4 plugs (some people say they don't matter, I'm not sure if they felt better just because they were new or if they really are better), MSD 8mm wires (shouldn't have any effect), K&Ns (the usual), and no cats/muffler with cat sims (Gen II).

I certainly won't be taking on any forced-induction Vipers, but it's a pretty nice kick for almost no money at all, and it's more than enough for the low-end ultra-amateur putzing around on road courses that I do.

What's funny is Sean hooked up an early VEC2 (one of the first, about a year before he started selling them) immediately after and the car pulled even harder, even though the programming was still very rough. One of these days I should let him put the latest and greatest on there and see what happens.

·
Registered
723 Posts
mcguire, so you went totally opposite of what the directions say? the directions say to have low on +8-12 range, and the high -16-20 range. This is very interesting.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PRVT JET said:
mcguire, so you went totally opposite of what the directions say? the directions say to have low on +8-12 range, and the high -16-20 range. This is very interesting.

That's what mine said......... Mcguire, what are yer #'s again???

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
My mistake. Low +18, High -20. Sorry about that.
The opposite would be really bad. /images/graemlins/smiles

I'd actually like to get it on the dyno again and see if I can find a different combo max out the HP farther down in the RPM band. It's nice to know the peak, but I keep wondering if I'm sacrificing power elsewhere just for the sake of a bigger number on paper.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I tried tuning at the track, it seems -20 on high is the magic number. be careful, when the weather gets colder you will need to adjust the high to run richer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can someone either email me or fax me the instructions on the VEC1? I would really appreciate it. Send me a PM if someone is willing to do this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts