Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of having my '01 GTS decreampuffed by replacing the pistons, and while we're in there I'm also adding ported heads, a cam, and new lifters. The plan for now is to keep my Roe blower and go to the 10 pound pulley, and I'm planning to use a fuel system with a larger fuel line, Weldon pump, and pressure regulator. I've been told 50 pound injectors will supply more fuel than I will ever need with this setup, as apparently this system and the injectors can be run up to about 65 psi if necessary, which would make them more like 55's or 60's. I know some people have made really good power with 50's, and I have no doubt they'll be fine for where I'm going to be right now, which should be low to mid-700's at the wheels. My concern is that I only want to buy injectors once, and I want to make sure that I've got a significant reserve capacity there if I add another 100-150 hp down the road (either after the intercooler comes out or by switching to a centrifugal). So, I have two questions: 1) Are 50's large enough to supply say 850-900 rwhp with this fuel system setup?; and 2) If not, what size should I consider, and are there any downsides to using larger injectors other than cost (driveability would be the potential one that would come to mind)? Thanks!

· Registered
3,007 Posts
50 pound injectors are way too small for 850-900 whp. I'd say at least 75# , but that is JUST A GUESS , so dont go quoting me on it.

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link. I had looked at some similar charts with similar results, which is the main reason I'm concerned the 50's may be too small. But then again, my setup (components and fuel system) is basically the same setup Sean used on Mbn's car, which made 900 rwhp with 55 pounders, and according to Sean, plenty of room in the fuel system left over. I realize that was with NOS, but that wouldn't have altered the fuel requirements would it?

· Registered
1,943 Posts
yes, I thought the same thing when I did the calculations. On the org forum do a search on injector size, I showed a formula I got out of a tuning book and it seems to differ a little from the link above. I am running 50lb injectors with two T61 turbos and plan on 750 RwHp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.