Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad who is a Viper Fanatic now, likes the limited edition yellow ones, so where can he look at one and maybe have the chance to get one?

Also, on another forum I visit, a guy is saying that a Cobra can beat a Viper if the Cobra has 500.00 worth of mods. Is it me or does that seem like BS?

· Registered
3,988 Posts
lol said:
Also, on another forum I visit, a guy is saying that a Cobra can beat a Viper if the Cobra has 500.00 worth of mods. Is it me or does that seem like BS?
A turd can beat a viper if you strap a $5 bottle rocket to it. But the real question is, would you want to drive a turd?

Eddie

· Registered
52 Posts
Yes a 03-04 Cobra with limited mods can beat a STOCK Viper, but.....

It still would be a close race.

I'll give you apples to apples comparison here (me driving).

My 03 Cobra with:

Pulley & belt $120
Catback exh $370
CAI $170
Predator tune $400
Total = $1060

It ran a 12.29 and then after drag radials (another $365) it ran a [email protected] with a 1.93 60'.

My bone stock Viper ran a [email protected] with a 1.94 60' going EASY in 90 degree weather on my 2nd and last pass so far. The Viper is the FASTER car given better weather and a more aggressive launch. I can tell you SOTP the Viper is FASTER.

I do have friends with Cobras with just a pulley swap & tune ($500) running [email protected]+, and others with more extensive mods ($2000+) running 10s.

Would I trade my Viper for a Cobra..... NO WAY.

Would I like a modded 03-04 Cobra in my garage - YES!

Howard

· Banned
2,657 Posts
It's kinda like the talon I had. Was it faster then my viper. YEP...WAY faster. But it was a talon, it didn't look as good.

Here is what I tell people when they want to race a modified car.

Them "My xxxxx can out run your viper."

Me: "Ok let's meet at xxxxx raceway and have at it....I'll run street tires."

Nobody has taken me up on it...not even the vette guys. Almost had a guy in guy in a ZO6 take me up on it.

· Registered
426 Posts
My company is across the street from Dallas Mustang, one of the top mustang supply and mod. shops. I constantly get picked-on by punk 5.0's, and cobra ass-clowns (used to be one)! The only ones that will meet me at the Motorplex are my old mustang racing buddies.
I already know what they can run. Some can beat me because they have extensive mods, the cars are barely street legal and certainly not at the Viper level of comfort. Most I can take. NONE of the mustangs with exhaust, intake, gears, and street tires can beat me, or any other stock Viper.
But, when we all show up at a cruise, NOBODY wants their cars!
EVERYBODY wants a VIPER!

· Registered
11,948 Posts
lol said:
My dad who is a Viper Fanatic now, likes the limited edition yellow ones, so where can he look at one and maybe have the chance to get one?

it's you. shut up.

· RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
15,286 Posts
RedSnake said:
lol said:

it's you. shut up.
:stupid:

Pedro, did you Mother tell you that children should be seen and not heard too? Looks like this kid did not listen.

· Registered
11,948 Posts
Jerome said:
RedSnake said:
lol said:

it's you. shut up.
:stupid:

Pedro, did you Mother tell you that children should be seen and not heard too? Looks like this kid did not listen.
see sig.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.