Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the V10 block size compare to an old 440. anyone ever bought a V10 crate motor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I'll give you a little more info. The guys on the old Mopar sites don't know much about the V10, myself included. I have a 65' Plymouth Belvedere i thought it would be sweet to put in a V10. So I'm hunting for some block comparisons

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
Bert said:
Ok I'll give you a little more info. The guys on the old Mopar sites don't know much about the V10, myself included. I have a 65' Plymouth Belvedere i thought it would be sweet to put in a V10. So I'm hunting for some block comparisons
I know that to put the V10 in a Charger you have to cut the firewall and trans tunnel. So I would think you would be looking at about the same amount of cutting.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you seen this? I'm real interested. and do you think it's worth the trouble? I think the coolness factor is high.
I know a stroked 440 is VERY fast.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Give Marko a shout he is dropping a hemi into his Belvedere. He usually can be found posting tasteless pics in the babe section.

·
Landscaping Professional
13,906 Posts
Bert said:
How does the V10 block size compare to an old 440. anyone ever bought a V10 crate motor.
Dodge has developed a manual specifically for the Gen2 Crate Motor. It's full of dimensions and all the things you need to know for engine swapping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Bert,
The Charger with the V-10 in the picture above was built by Matt Delaney in Shreveport. He's a great guy and knows Mucho about Mopars. He builds several magazine quality cars a year and never strays from chrysler products. The actual motor/tranny install was done at B&M performance in Bossier City,LA.318-742-3042 The owner of B&M is Brad and he would be happy to answer all your question, as he has been there and done that. Tell him Kevin Huston told you to call and he will hook you up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts