Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Inexpensive Stereo Upgrades? - Paging Snake Bitten!

2K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  pj 
#1 ·
Getting an occasional crackle out of my speakers, thinking they are in need of replacement?

Snake Bitten, I have the Kicker subwoofer replacement you suggested a while back, so what should I do for speakers inexpensively to go with that?

#27 ·
Hey SlaughterJ,

How are you doing? I sold my 93 and bought a 99 RED RT/10 with a Heffner Supercharger. Man, I LOVE THIS CAR! I'm trying to upgrade the stereo as you can see above..I don't know much about stereos..I'm gonna take Gerald's (Snake Bitten) advice and go with the K525's. I'll let you guys know how it sounds. HEY, if your ever in the Northern VA area let me know.

#28 ·
NTIDOTE said:
Hey SlaughterJ,

How are you doing? I sold my 93 and bought a 99 RED RT/10 with a Heffner Supercharger. Man, I LOVE THIS CAR! I'm trying to upgrade the stereo as you can see above..I don't know much about stereos..I'm gonna take Gerald's (Snake Bitten) advice and go with the K525's. I'll let you guys know how it sounds. HEY, if your ever in the Northern VA area let me know.
I'm doing alright. That's quite an upgrade! I got the K525s, figured they were cheap and I'd see how they do...

#29 ·
I just finished my install. Eclipse deck, Focal 6" components in the doors, and new Focal 5" subs in the factory holes at back. Powered by 2 U.S. Amps Exterminator 200x amps. Sounds fantastic, and looks completely stock. Well worth a little extra $$.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.