Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Nope...Just swap them out...Did you put a passive low pass crossover on the sub, fill the sub box with poly fill??? Our little subs totally suck mainly because they are running full range...

You could also throw some caps (bass blockers) on the doors, to prevent frequencies lower than, say 150Hz - 200Hz from getting through to the Kickers...

Does RF make a decent coax that would fit??? Since you already have an RF sub???

Snake Bitten,

I actually don't know much about stereo's. I bought the RF Punch from someone on the VCA site. He told me to just replace this with the stock without doing anything else.

Sorry I couldn't help you with your questions.

Asif...That you?!? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Just print this thread and take it to a decent audio shop, let them install the door speakers...This stuff is cheap and effective...they will know precisely what we all have discussed here...Won't cost you much at all to have them install the passive crossovers real quick...They'll probably do it free, if you buy the door speakers and crossovers from them...It will take them less than an hour to install for you...

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Snake Bitten said:
Asif...That you?!? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Just print this thread and take it to a decent audio shop, let them install the door speakers...This stuff is cheap and effective...they will know precisely what we all have discussed here...Won't cost you much at all to have them install the passive crossovers real quick...They'll probably do it free, if you buy the door speakers and crossovers from them...It will take them less than an hour to install for you...
Hey, I've met Asif! At ViperDays a couple years ago! What's up Asif? [Look at me hijacking my own thread!]

Hey SlaughterJ,

How are you doing? I sold my 93 and bought a 99 RED RT/10 with a Heffner Supercharger. Man, I LOVE THIS CAR! I'm trying to upgrade the stereo as you can see above..I don't know much about stereos..I'm gonna take Gerald's (Snake Bitten) advice and go with the K525's. I'll let you guys know how it sounds. HEY, if your ever in the Northern VA area let me know.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
NTIDOTE said:
Hey SlaughterJ,

How are you doing? I sold my 93 and bought a 99 RED RT/10 with a Heffner Supercharger. Man, I LOVE THIS CAR! I'm trying to upgrade the stereo as you can see above..I don't know much about stereos..I'm gonna take Gerald's (Snake Bitten) advice and go with the K525's. I'll let you guys know how it sounds. HEY, if your ever in the Northern VA area let me know.
I'm doing alright. That's quite an upgrade! I got the K525s, figured they were cheap and I'd see how they do...

I just finished my install. Eclipse deck, Focal 6" components in the doors, and new Focal 5" subs in the factory holes at back. Powered by 2 U.S. Amps Exterminator 200x amps. Sounds fantastic, and looks completely stock. Well worth a little extra $$.

GregV2KACR said:
I just finished my install. Eclipse deck, Focal 6" components in the doors, and new Focal 5" subs in the factory holes at back. Powered by 2 U.S. Amps Exterminator 200x amps. Sounds fantastic, and looks completely stock. Well worth a little extra $$.
Any pics?? I would like to see your amp install.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.