Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally found my Viper. Shes a 2000 model GTS steel gray with silver stripes. 15k miles. Just figured I would let you guys know. Any potential things I should note about 2000 year cars? Im absolutely ecstatic, I'm counting down the days!

cheers!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
First year for cast pistons not forged. Not a big deal unless you planned on supercharging in the future. Hope everything works out, Steel Gray is a awesome color and was only available that year.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Some of the 2000's had an oil consumption problem, but not all of them had this. Check the build date on your car, i cant remember when the cut-off was, so you're going to have to do a search as im a bit lazy to do it for you right now.

BTW, congratulations, and dont run it into the ditch.

Some of the early 2000's ran an experimental liner coating that didn't let the rings seat. Check the door jamb sticker and look for the MDH (month, day, hour) of manufacture. I think most of the affected cars were built before November or thereabouts. (End quote: GTS DEAN)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. i cant wait, im sleepless lol. i will get pics asap.

i will check the build date. even if it was(i honestly havent checked) is there a recall for it?

for my first mod, i want to get the clear lights to replace the amber running lights on the fascia. anyone know where to get em? thanks again guys!

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
badvr4 said:
thanks guys. i cant wait, im sleepless lol. i will get pics asap.

i will check the build date. even if it was(i honestly havent checked) is there a recall for it?

for my first mod, i want to get the clear lights to replace the amber running lights on the fascia. anyone know where to get em? thanks again guys!
You can usually find the clears on e-bay.

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
Congrats. Best color evar!

<----(see avatar)

Enjoy your new beast!

Most important advice I can give:

Make sure the wheels are straight before mashing the pedal

Trust me I learned this one from experience.

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
My 2000 had the oil consumption problem, on the drivers side door jam is the build date, if built 11/99 or earlier you "may" have the problem, after that date don't worry. I was burning a quart every 150 miles, no recall was issued.

There is recall 999 that braces your front end frame! Ask seller if he has done this, potentually hazardous situation, especially if you decide to roadrace the car. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have more questions.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, i will check the date for sure. was it only the 00's that had this problem?

btw, i just bought the clear lenses on ebay. they were 40 bux. thanks for the lead.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, heres what i got. now i dont know exactly how to decipher this but this is what the guy told me. this is off the door.

manuf 8-00
mdh 083110100ad

anyone care to chime in

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sweet, this is bad for my sleep man. really. i cant sleep at night, im restless til i have this thing in my garage.

one other thing. i saw this metal plate that goes around the exhaust that has rivets. i dont know where they sell them. anyone know? where is a good site that i can find part for this car? im not really into go fast parts, just clean, subtle looking stuff. not gills or anything lol.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
badvr4 said:
sweet, this is bad for my sleep man. really. i cant sleep at night, im restless til i have this thing in my garage.

one other thing. i saw this metal plate that goes around the exhaust that has rivets. i dont know where they sell them. anyone know? where is a good site that i can find part for this car? im not really into go fast parts, just clean, subtle looking stuff. not gills or anything lol.

You will be wanting some go fast parts before you know it. :nod:
Congrats on the new snake.

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
badvr4 said:

www.viperclub.org/menus/index_market_acc.htm

Cosmetics for the Viper, if your Viper doesn't have an MGW short shifter get one :nod:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, shes home. i absolutely freakin love this car. its everything i ever wanted. looks, performance, rarity...my only complaint is that the floormats are too thick, it gets inbetween the pedal and the floorboard and i cant push the gas pedal all the way down lol.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
here are some horrible pictures i took with my camera phone. my buddy borrowed my camera and you know how that goes. the car is filthy with bug guts all over the front and a little rain from the trip home.

[image]http://www.members.aol.com/twinturboedvr4/images/viper01.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.members.aol.com/twinturboedvr4/images/viper02.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.members.aol.com/twinturboedvr4/images/viper03.jpg[/image]

im going to get my cam(6mp) back and take some good pics this week.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts