Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here its my un official project (didn’t decide yet)! Tell me what you think

im really considering going with Heffenr’s Twin Turbo /images/graemlins/toothy in few months

But i have few questions for the experts /images/graemlins/smiles

Can i build a high revving engine ? say like 7000RPM+ ? and would it be reliable ? and any HP gains? (I think there is) and is it worth it ?

Im aiming for 950RWHP on boost alone and i may consider NOS to achieve the 4 digits numbers ! or more boost is it possible !

As you can see im no expert so i need your help guys! Thanks in advance

PS. The yellow one /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
lol...don't you already have the 1000hp roe car?

Anyways, with a turbo, you don't need the engine to rev very high to create serious power. It will only cause exponentially more stress on the rotating masses of the engine.

The beauty of a turbo setup is that you can size your turbos to come on low in the power band and make a TON of power without winding the piss out of the engine, hence a very street friendly car. Therefore your engine lasts much longer with insane power. :thumb:

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Rollmodel is correct here. The turbos used in heffner's kits have a pretty good A/R ratio. The boost response is exceptional as is the powerband. I am guessing that heffner may be able to build you some heads that broader power band allowing you utilize a higher shift point. Wiht the correct head work giving you the right valve springs, valve weight and material coupled with some solid lifters you probably can realize a higher redline relatively safely. But as Rollmodel said, I really dont see the need of that high a revving engine.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I thought with the long stroke these motors have limited the revs.....safely that is.

Once you ride in one of those, you won't care what the rpm's are. They are insane with ungodly power at any point.

Good luck

·
Registered
791 Posts
hmm....i think i'd go and do a de-stroked motor...say a 464...that'd be a good setup...and shower the boost on!!!!!....Len

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
MBN, I don't see why you would want to increase the rev limitations..Unlike an SC car TT's really make there Peak HP /TQ between 2800 RPM through 5500 RPM.

If you were having a Centrifugal Blower installed I could see the benefit of raising your rev limiter since SC's continue to build boost in the Higher RPM range.

Keep us posted ! Your gonna love your Heffner TT Pkg /images/graemlins/dude3

:cheers:

Jeff

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
MbnViper said:
Ok here its my un official project (didn’t decide yet)! Tell me what you think

im really considering going with Heffenr’s Twin Turbo /images/graemlins/toothy in few months

But i have few questions for the experts /images/graemlins/smiles

Can i build a high revving engine ? say like 7000RPM+ ? and would it be reliable ? and any HP gains? (I think there is) and is it worth it ?

Im aiming for 950RWHP on boost alone and i may consider NOS to achieve the 4 digits numbers ! or more boost is it possible !

As you can see im no expert so i need your help guys! Thanks in advance

PS. The yellow one /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Mbn, Good call. Why the switch from the blower?

I would not think you would need to rev the motor that high to make the serious power look what Heffner made on Erik's car? I think the torque #'s are even more significant I think he made something on the order of 1019 RWTQ.

The 950 RWHP # is definitely possible with a little more boost on the Heffner setup.

One more thing I just thought of: I have never seen a Viper Turbo car that was revved higher that actually made power up that high. I remember seeing a graph of one last year that was really starting to fall off big time after around 5500 RPM. I think a properly sized pair of turbos could probably help that car out a lot....

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
McViPurr said:
Smokin said:
The turbos used in heffner's kits have a pretty good A/R ratio.
What's an A/R ratio? :help:

McViPurr, The A/R is the Area Ratio. This means the area of the inside of the turbine housing (as it decreases in size from the inlet to where it is smallest at the point where the exhaust gases are focused to spin the turbine side impeller) to the geometric center of the turbine impeller:==> to put it into a nutshell, it is the ratio of volume of the snail shell spiralling into the center to the distance from the snail shell at that point to the center.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
txlen said:
hmm....i think i'd go and do a de-stroked motor...say a 464...that'd be a good setup...and shower the boost on!!!!!....Len
This type of setup will definitely allow you to safely achieve higher rpms out of the V-10. You will need some kind of EMS that will allow you to tune above the parameters of the stock ECU. If built strong enough and tuned with an EMS for high rpm's you don't necessarily have to de-stroke to safely run higher rpm's. It all depends on what you really want to do with your Engine. You could build it with lightweight extremely durable expensive parts and rev the piss out of it. But if you don't use it for what it is made for than you would be wasting your money.

If you are looking for top speed, it is better to make torque at higher rpm's because you can take advantage of gearing. :nod:

If you are asking for all the things that you mentioned just for the street, then you are asking for things that you don't really need. Unless you just want to have the craziest stuff. :thumb:

·
Registered
147 Posts
ive been in yellow fevers, ur gonna love it. cant wait to do my next car.

chan

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
seems TT cars really benefit from good flowing heads. I may have my heads done next year. Henessey posted a dyno sheet a while back showing a 100 hp differance with ported heads. Why spin that large motor any faster than you have to?

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ROLLMODEL said:
lol...don't you already have the 1000hp roe car?

No /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

its me but im thinking going TT with the yellow viper currently with a Roe S/C and 5psi of boost /images/graemlins/toothy there is no way i touch the Roe FE 1000+HP GTS /images/graemlins/yes its art and i love art /images/graemlins/yes

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/uploads/396/vipyf1.JPG[/image]

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Since you are going to have to change your pistons to lower compression - I would get rods, off-set grind the crank and do a 510 stroker with TT's which will allow you to reach the 950-1,000 rwhp mark with a little lower boost.

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys a lot of helpful replays here /images/graemlins/smiles love the alley

Well the high revving engine was just a thought since many supra guys talks about there advantage when it comes to revving the engine higher and having more useable RPM’s /images/graemlins/toothy than the viper. So i really didn’t know what i was taking about..lol

And Paolo how is it going with your TT project ? update man update /images/graemlins/toothy

Guys now you making it hard for me..two viper TT options /images/graemlins/sad

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anthony - 98 GTS said:
Since you are going to have to change your pistons to lower compression - I would get rods, off-set grind the crank and do a 510 stroker with TT's which will allow you to reach the 950-1,000 rwhp mark with a little lower boost.

Thanks man, excuse my ignorance but i always hear stroker so damn expensive am i right ?

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
MbnViper said:
Anthony - 98 GTS said:

Thanks man, excuse my ignorance but i always hear stroker so damn expensive am i right ?
You are already going to be paying for the labor to break your engine all the way down and have to pay for all the gaskets and fluids as well. You are going to have to change your pistons to lower compression either way - so these are sunk costs.

The only additional costs are machine shops cost to off-set grind your stock crank and pay for new rods - which is an additional margin of safety.

I am sure Heffner or another tuner would cut you a break as well as you will be building their highest HP car - which is always good for marketing.

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well to be honest i thought just stroker would cost me $8000-$10000, sorry i never really talked about strokers.

PS. your viper making insane power with all motor. /images/graemlins/smilesawesome

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Im not sure a stroker would cost you that much money when you get down to it. As everyone has said you will need to change the pistons. Since everything is already out at the machine shop, offset grinding the crank and getting a set of rods shouldnt cost you THAT much more. Strokers get expensive when you are buying a new $4-6K crank for the big stroker packages (540CID engines). Now I dont know how the supra guys say they have more "usable RPM's" than we do :ugh: If youre gonna be making boost down low and having 1000+ rqtq at your disposal through a gigantic RPM range just what the hell do you have to worry about?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts