Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Re: I\'m coming to Bowling Green who wants some????

John Hennessey said:
HEY MIKE,

YOU DONT MIND IF WE VIDEO YOU WHEN YOU GET OWNED ON THE HIGHWAY DO YOU?

John, I was thinking the same thing! :rofl: I just hope we can have a camera on Mike's face when it happens! Sorry big guy, I just couldn't resist!

Who knows though, maybe a blower + H2O/methanol injection + N20 might be enough to run with the TT's!

· Registered
3,381 Posts

Dr Roof said:
Sorry guys but only thing proven so far is my car is the fastest with no Nos! Heffner is close and im sure getting closer and Dont forget Blown GTS and underground! TT are still in the back seat until Proven otherwise!!!

only way to change the FACT that the Blower car is supreme of Forced Induction is beat me!!!!

Mike I will Back anything you might not handle!!!

look out Corvette world the Vipers are invading Bowling Green

David, with all due respect, water/methanol injection accomplishes the same thing as nitrous; ie cooling the intake charge allowing more timing and therefore more power.

MPH in the 1/4 is power. I know John's TT's have run 151+ at every event since Texas. How close to 151 MPH have you run since then?

ET is just a function of the driver and how well the car is set up to drag race.

· Registered
3,381 Posts

Moundir said:
David, with all due respect, water/methanol injection accomplishes the same thing as nitrous; ie cooling the intake charge allowing more timing and therefore more power.

MPH in the 1/4 is power. I know John's TT's have run 151+ at every event since Texas. How close to 151 MPH have you run since then?

ET is just a function of the driver and how well the car is set up to drag race.

With all due respect my water injection gave me a gain of 20rwhp total, so I guess it is the same as a 100 shot :rolleyes: Come on now let's not make foolish statements such as Water injection = nitrous. Hey Roof let's up our water shots so we can make an extra 25rwhp /images/graemlins/laughing.gif I dont know if you have noticed but Almost all of Dlm's stage 2 and 3 cars make in the 850rwhp range without it so take that bs somewhere else :eatpop: [/quote]

Mike, I am glad you are finally getting your car back and are able to start talking smack.

I will not talk any smack until my car is done.

If your car only gained 25 RWHP I would suggest upgrading to Dr Roof's Water/methanol injection kit which quite possibly netted him 5-7 MPH in the 1/4 and 3 tenths.

Mike, if it were only that easy to pick up 3 tenths and 5-7 MPH with 25 RWHP you should tell Doug to sell me some of that magic because that would be one heck of a deal! :bowdown:

Good luck with your car and I will be back in the game soon enough! :thumb:

· Registered
3,381 Posts

Gerald said:
Paolo Castellano said:
John Hennessey said:
HEY MIKE,

YOU DONT MIND IF WE VIDEO YOU WHEN YOU GET OWNED ON THE HIGHWAY DO YOU?

John, I was thinking the same thing! :rofl: I just hope we can have a camera on Mike's face when it happens! Sorry big guy, I just couldn't resist!

Who knows though, maybe a blower + H2O/methanol injection + N20 might be enough to run with the TT's!

awwwwwww lookie, Paolo found a friend.... 'tis so cuuuuuuuuuute.... /snuggle/ /snuggle/

Gerald, does your sick little fantasy above include any gerbils or are you saving them all for yourself? :rofl:

The pet store owners must love you!

I bet you tell them you feed them to your snake! :nod:

Good luck at the strip! I hear you are in danger of becoming a drag tracing maniac! Just don't drive angry! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

· Registered
3,381 Posts

1TONY1 said:
Paolo Castellano said:
Paolo, Sounds like you need to brush up on n02 class 101 :nod:

Tony, all I was saying was that both make additional power. I did not say it was the exact same mechanism, just that if methanol injection added 5-7 mph on Dr. Roof's car in the 1/4, a certain shot of N2O would do the same.

How's your car buddy? I hope to see you soon.

· Registered
3,381 Posts

Dr Roof said:
Paolo Castellano said:
1TONY1 said:
Paolo Castellano said:
Paolo, Sounds like you need to brush up on n02 class 101 :nod:

Tony, all I was saying was that both make additional power. I did not say it was the exact same mechanism, just that if methanol injection added 5-7 mph on Dr. Roof's car in the 1/4, a certain shot of N2O would do the same.

How's your car buddy? I hope to see you soon.
I DO NOT HAVE MENTHONAL IT IS PURE WATER!!! I am going to get a box of straws in Bowling Green so if someone gets thirsty they can just drink a nice cold drink of Ice water out of my Bottle /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
David, why are you geting so touchy?

Water has slightly more than double the specific heat absorption of methanol.

Since it was never clarified, and since somebody was running the methanol, I just assumed you were too. I apologize if I offended you.

Hey, is your phone broken? Give me a call! 630-878-3907

P.S. I will pass on the ice water unless you can run a peach iced tea injection system on your car! :nod:

Snapple would be my first preference! :thumb:

· Registered
3,381 Posts

Moundir said:
Seems like we can tell you 4xs in this post alone that his engine was redone and so was the blower but it just goes in one ear and out the other, I dont understand you sometimes /images/graemlins/headscratch if water injection caused him to gain 7mph in the quarter than you need to change tuners cause Doug is a magician like you said in my thread :bonk:

Mike I must have missed this part of your reponse before.

Since you mention this, I have a few questions:

==> I remember David posting something to the effect that he just got his car back with the motor being rebuilt and how he had the same dyno #'s(850 RWHP and 882 RWTQ) with lower boost.

I remember thinking that was great.

1. Can David post the dyno sheet of the 850 RWHP/882 RWTQ @ 15 or 16 PSI on the stock motor and also post the dyno sheet for the 850 RWHP/882 RWTQ at the lower boost level as well.

I would love to see the difference in the power curves of identical peak RWHP and RWTQ that would yield the large increase in 1/4 mile MPH.

2. I remember David not having too terribly many miles on his stock motor

==> Why was the motor rebuilt? Just for more power? It seems like a waste to rebuild a perfectly good motor. What's the scoop on that one?

I hope I am not offending anybody here.

My intention here is to learn the facts so I can more accurately interact with you DLM guys since I seem to have been getting it wrong lately as Mike's little /images/graemlins/freak icon so eloquently suggests his frustration with my inaccuracies.

· Registered
3,381 Posts

Doug Levin Motorsports said:
Hello Paolo -

David allowed me the privilege of building his Viper!
I made him a promise: I would make his car very fast /images/graemlins/smiles

The factory block in "stock form" was not adequate to obtain the horsepower numbers we were looking to achieve. My preference when building a high horsepower car is to start from scratch constructing the engine to fancy my own specifications. The factory provides a very good piece, however, there were other objectives between David and myself to get him down the track.

I'll take the compliment for building him a fast car, but David is the one that gets it down the track, quick! He's not a tuner, just a talented driver with no prior drag race experience. He took control of his car and desired to be the best at what he does with it.

One important rule I can't express enough: I don't get caught up in the dyno numbers. Especially in dealing with forced induction and specifically with intercoolers. Dynamometers are tuning tools; The better the tune, the more horsepower you can achieve. Although, sitting a blower/turbo car still on a dyno does not specify the trap speed when you obtain the net horsepower numbers. You can't rely on (and what we refer to) as the "stationary numbers." Unless of course you can move enough air across the dyno to simulate air exchange and speeds in excess of 100+ mile per hour conducive to the racing environment. And this is because we know we rely on an intercooler to lower charge air temps so we can pack more air into the cylinders to make more ponies. The abundance of good, cool air keeps our boost from suffering the deficit of pressure loss. What you see is not always what you get - It takes air to multiply air!

Best Regards,
Doug Levin
Doug, thank you for the response!

Certain individuals on the board had made some comments that made me start to think of the questions I asked in my last post.

So you are basically saying that the same air flow(that can not be duplicated on the dyno or taken into account) at 100+ MPH across the intercooler with the new setup is doing more to cool the air than it did with the previous setup at 100+ MPH which is netting the 5-7 MPH in the 1/4 mile?

Is this exactly what you are saying?

· Registered
3,381 Posts

Moundir said:
Paolo Castellano said:
Moundir said:
Seems like we can tell you 4xs in this post alone that his engine was redone and so was the blower but it just goes in one ear and out the other, I dont understand you sometimes /images/graemlins/headscratch if water injection caused him to gain 7mph in the quarter than you need to change tuners cause Doug is a magician like you said in my thread :bonk:

Mike I must have missed this part of your reponse before.

Since you mention this, I have a few questions:

==> I remember David posting something to the effect that he just got his car back with the motor being rebuilt and how he had the same dyno #'s(850 RWHP and 882 RWTQ) with lower boost.

I remember thinking that was great.

1. Can David post the dyno sheet of the 850 RWHP/882 RWTQ @ 15 or 16 PSI on the stock motor and also post the dyno sheet for the 850 RWHP/882 RWTQ at the lower boost level as well.

I would love to see the difference in the power curves of identical peak RWHP and RWTQ that would yield the large increase in 1/4 mile MPH.

2. I remember David not having too terribly many miles on his stock motor

==> Why was the motor rebuilt? Just for more power? It seems like a waste to rebuild a perfectly good motor. What's the scoop on that one?

I hope I am not offending anybody here.

My intention here is to learn the facts so I can more accurately interact with you DLM guys since I seem to have been getting it wrong lately as Mike's little /images/graemlins/freak icon so eloquently suggests his frustration with my inaccuracies.
ok Paolo here we go again /images/graemlins/laughing.gif better heads/cam, new plumbing(much more effecient)water injection and lowered the Boost If David wants to share his dyno that is up to him but I have that sucker and the tq is just stupid /images/graemlins/shocked

Hey Mike, you went the entire weekend not responding to my questions. Now after Doug comes on and gives an explanation, your response is not needed.

· Registered
3,381 Posts

Dr Roof said:
I am pretty sure that my car makes far more than 850 RWHP. I have put the car on the dyno 2 times at the last events with problems both times. In Texas they pulled 2-3 times and finally got 822. Heat soaked and New Blower Belt. In Florida the Car pulled multiple TImes and finally registered 913 RWHP. again due to the problems on the DYNO (things happen) this number is in dispute.

BUT THE ONE THING WE DO KNOW IS THIS. MY CAR SMOKES YOURS OR ANY OTHER FORCED INDUCTION VIPER ON THE PLANET!!! WATER OR NO WATER THAT IS THE FACT! INCLUDING THE TWIN TURBO'S!

Keep in mind NOS cars are the KING OF THE TRACK (I am going after them)

I also understand the potential of the TWIN TURBO and the POTENTIAL of FUture Blower cars. when I get beat TRUST ME! I will be back on top and it won't take long! no more dyno racing. let's get it on.

I am prepared to get beat, but I am also prepared to make a Powerhouse of a combat!

so regardless of my RWHP (even though I am sure it is impressive) my car runs the number's to back it up.

I also expect to be real close to the 6 speed record in Bowling Green!

Big Thanks to DLM for the Powerful car!

Stay Tuned ladies and Gentlemen DR Roof will be Impressive at Bowling Green!!!
I believe in coming to race day Prepared for all!!!

Paolo
I got the book I have been real busy getting stuff together I will try you this week!
David, since this is a smack talking thread, I will address the body of your post in the order it was received:

1. Don't worry about the dyno #'s at the events your car has laid down some pretty impressive #'s at the track. I have spoken to some people who said your uncorrected # in Florida was 780 RWHP. That would have to be one heck of a correction factor to net 913 corrected.

2. You said, " BUT THE ONE THING WE DO KNOW IS THIS. MY CAR SMOKES YOURS OR ANY OTHER FORCED INDUCTION VIPER ON THE PLANET!!! WATER OR NO WATER THAT IS THE FACT! INCLUDING THE TWIN TURBO'S!" ==> let's take a good look at this one:

Please do not tell me this whole V-10 nationals thing has made you delusional.....

I can think of a few forced induction Vipers(turbo) that you could not smoke in your wet dreams!

The Hennessey twin turbo cars are definitely faster than your car and have turned more 151+ MPH trap speeds than you have at the same events you have attended since your 151 in TX. Going 151 MPH one time without backing it up is incredibly lucky in my eyes as compared to the H-man who has backed it up more than once since then.

I think maybe you should do a slower roll-on with some turbo cars, say 80-150 and you will see the truth about who smokes who.

As far as smoking my car is concerned, you win for the 1/4 mile. You can not compete with my driving skills/car in anything else period.

"WATER OR NO WATER THAT IS THE FACT! INCLUDING THE TWIN TURBO'S!"==> Sorry David, but I have to throw up the B.S. flag on this one...

You have the ultimate DLM special, built motor, super duper blower system, water injection, etc... Right? ==> well how come you only went 144 MPH in the 1/4 in Florida and the Sal P's stock everything (except turbos) turbo car with 750 RWHP @ 12 PSI went 147 MPH? This could be a very important fact you are overlooking.

I say you do a roll on and I will videotape from the passenger seat of the car I think is going to win...

P.S. I will not be sitting with you or Mike.

· Registered
3,381 Posts

Moundir said:
Paolo Castellano said:
Hey Mike, you went the entire weekend not responding to my questions. Now after Doug comes on and gives an explanation, your response is not needed.
Umm sorry but I have a life on the weekends /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif If you can find one post I made on frid or sat on this forum or any other I will gladly apologize to you :nod: Also I believe I answered your questions like 3 or 4 times just scroll up and look /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
Mike, like I said, your limited knowlege responses are no longer needed to answer my questions, Biatch! I will see you in BG and will be on hand to videotape you getting the cunt kicking of your young life on the highway roll-on by maybe more than one turbo car!

You had better get yourself some distilled water and some super duper methanol and maybe some N2O to have a chance! :rofl: /images/graemlins/laughing.gif :smooch:

Hopefully you can get your air fuel ratio sorted out at lower RPM's before the big roll-on!

P.S. you are my hero for making all that power when it finally gets to a 10.9:1 air fuel ratio by 5600. Shit, according to Gerald, you should change your plate to: V-10 GOD! :nuts: /images/graemlins/down :kick: :clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.