Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to tell Scotty Congratulations for having the most powerful Viper at the dyno on Saturday and for showing us how to really use nitrous. I don't remember the exact numbers he made so I am not going to try and quote, but I just am blown away by the fact that he had highest toque of the day (by FAR) and has a totally stock motor (rocker arms only). I think it is nice to see you out there kicking a**!! Way to go Scotty!! Cant wait to see what she will do at the track.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Don't let Scotty bullshit you...His bottom end is stock...but he's got a tad more than just "rockers"... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen his car first hand and I can tell you that for a fact he has never touched the motor (spark plug changes don't count) more that your basic..headers exhaust and air filters to go along with those rocker arms. to me that is not a "built motor" to me that is a stock motor... I never said he had a stock car. The fact that he was beating guys there who were also on "spray" with very expensive motors built just to be sprayed, that amazes me. Scotty has really figured his nitrous system out and I think that it was proven this Saturday just by the numbers alone. I believe he had actually made more in the past on a 2 stage traditional solenoid set up. But from what I understand is he is now using a computer controlled progressive single stage system that will get him almost as much power and a better toque curve with far less complexity and far more control than before yet come on smoother than any standard solenoid set up and the cost is extremal reasonable!

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Blah Blah said:
I have seen his car first hand and I can tell you that for a fact he has never touched the motor (spark plug changes don't count)

Does head work count???

I am not knocking TOOOFST...He is definitely a Nitrous junkie and a class act...Hell he made the bracket for the N20 setup on my RT...And I have a blast whenever I hang with the ILL crew...But like I said, his bottom end is stock, not the top...

----------------
Pro War!

[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/215043/298.gif[/image]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can personally tell you that he has never had the intake let alone the heads off the car... and I know that for a fact! I am not saying that you are knocking him at all. I just was really impressed by what he was able to do with his stock motor and just thought it deserved an honorable mention here. don't get me wrong Scotty can B.S. with the best of them but I do know that his motor is bone stock.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
Blah Blah said:
I have seen his car first hand and I can tell you that for a fact he has never touched the motor (spark plug changes don't count)

Does head work count???

I am not knocking TOOOFST...He is definitely a Nitrous junkie and a class act...Hell he made the bracket for the N20 setup on my RT...And I have a blast whenever I hang with the ILL crew...But like I said, his bottom end is stock, not the top...

Pro War!

[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/215043/298.gif[/image]

Snakebitten, Scotty has never gotten any head(work)! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

With the headers/no cats he was at 436 RWHP and with the rockers, he's at the 452 RWHP level.

I am really proud of what he's accomplished with a motor that made 380 RWHP when it was stock. The new nitrous system he is using is a very nice setup! I can't wait to see what he can do with it at the track!

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Paolo....Scotty and Tom told many "stories" about you...but I didn't believe a word they said!!! :nod:

PS: It is entirely possible that Scotty has never had "head"...I could believe that...but his "heads" have been worked! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
723 Posts
Snakebitten, scotty's doesn't have head work. it was butch's car that had the head work scotty did. TOOFST's car made like 795 rwtq on the bottle. He did my TOOFST nos kit, and I made 534 rwhp and 624 rwtq with a 100 shot. The a/f ratio fell off the chart it was so rich. I only had 2 runs so I couldn't tune. we had 19 cars show up to dyno, we had a great time.

Isaac

·
Registered
636 Posts
Snake Bitten's made a monkey out of yous.Reguardless of my harmen/sharp rocker ONLY mod to the heads,Gerald needs to keep posting to continue the top Whore status.LOL
I made 649rw/797tq with the www.racetested.com system and my TOOFAST BRACKET.
I'm really happy with the motor,and the system.My goal is to hit 10's on stock tire.I have a shitload of 11.3's all day from 1.95to2.0 60fters(using the old NOS system).
G,Hope you and Dusty can come out this year.SMS(butch the snakes)sponsoring the event and it'll be kicked up serverely round 1st Friday in June!
My local buds,thanks for the comments,
Best part is(that our fellow members can't see),YOU GUYS HAVE SUCH KIND FACES,KINDA FACE A BUFFALO WOULD LIKE TO SLAP HIS BALLS ACCROSS. :rofl:

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Scotty...Welcome to the dark side!!! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Start harping on the wifey now, so she lets you come to the drags in Shreveport before VOI...

PS: Have you seen my fuckin keys damnit???? :rofl:

·
Registered
982 Posts
We are getting the SMS car tuned here. The plugs were totally shot on the dyno. Car was popping and backfiring like crazy on the way home. Changed the plugs last night and damn. Its a whole different car. We did win the horsepower on the dyno but are looking for more (of course). didn't due too bad for a car with only 180 miles on the motor. we'll get it tuned in the next week or so and keep everyone informed on how it does.

Tom
SMS racing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts