Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all are a family of sorts. Mostly dysfunctional. Some outright own the short bus pass for life. But we are here and are willing to be the open ear.

Sun sent me this link:

Lifeline

And there will always be an open connections when you need within ourselves. All you need to do is contact. If anyone wishes to offer themselves in that role can answer below. We are not professionals, but we can try to be the voice i the dark when it isn't seem to be anyone else.

Reactions: Jeff M

·
RMPL
21,896 Posts
Suicide. Some of the best men I've known have done it. The achievers, the outgoing ones, seem to be more at risk than most.

It is a long term solution to a short term problem. It rips the hearts out of the people you care about.

If it's depression, help is available from your doc. It may not go away, but it can be tempered.

You are gay and struggling with it? Not a problem with us. You are our brother and you are loved.

If it's money, it's amazing as we get older we realize that love and health are so much more important, and money comes and goes like the seasons.

If it's lost love, you've proven you can love so you can again.

If it's guilt, read about John Newton, a vile slave trader who turned his life around, and changed others. One of his writings was the hymn "Amazing Grace"

John Newton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember that the Romans, in every victory parade, would have a slave stand by the honored, repeating the words "This too will pass". In your dark moments, know that.

Biggs said to me once that every man thinks about it at sometime. You are normal, just don't act on it.

I don't know a person on here that I've met that wouldn't drop everything to talk to you. Talk to a pro, or if you don't feel you can do that, message one of us and we will call.

Look on this section and see the love we have for one another.

We want you to experience that love while you are alive.

·
Suspended
25,637 Posts
I am certainly always available to listen.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
It's tough, one's mind is ultimately the cause of one's demise. I struggle from time to time and I honestly start to convince myself of things that some would otherwise think extremely irrational. When you are in this position, you need to be strong for yourself, otherwise your mind can convince you otherwise, it can convince you that things will not get better and there is no bright side.

It's fucked up.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I can lend an ear anytime. Every bad situation can be overcome with support from friends and a little time.

·
Super Moderator
27,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got time to listen, so say something....

Besides recitation of Stairway to Heaven in a drunken 4 part harmony after a night of beer and wings at Hooters with a few of the crew.....

Reactions: sundiego

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
G

·
this hit home...I know someone well won't mention his name. He lost pretty much everything...Around 25 million in a few bad deals...Came home and tried to kill himself. Pretty sad...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts