Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im idling around 1700 in gear and outta gear until coming to a full stop then itll drop back down to "normal" that being around 500. the car did not do this after my heads/cam upgrade. it has started since i put the 70mm TBs on??

any suggestions?

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
I suggest you have Loretta come to Tampa so I can discuss the issues of trottle body size with her.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Rich, here is another trick. when it bumps up in idle put your foot UNDER the accelerator and lift up on it. If that does it, you might want to look at simply putting a return spring on the throttle body linkage..

Restrict air flow into (AIC motor) engine.. put a busing inside the tube or a rubber line, etc

welcome to the HIGH idle issue! I've been dealing with it for 4 years and so have so many other vipers with upgrades!

Look at it as you now have Cruise Control!

Good Luck

Gerald

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WTF. well, just got it back from the garage; Everything checked out fine, IAC, PCM TPS and anything else on this damnn thing. bottom line is; i put on 70mm TBs and a mod airbox and now the damn cars idles like its on crack. viper tech cannot explain it and cannot find a damn thing wrong.

My solution, im putting stock TBs one and these stupid ass accufab hunks of metal are going on ebay. pieces of fucking junk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are you positive that the adjustment on the throttle body are perfect? Try to have the driver side open just barely ahead of the passenger side!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts