Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the freeway today and my sister asked me what kind of car was coming up next to us? It was bright yellow and I honestly couldnt tell. When it got next to us, then I knew. It was a new Lotus Elise!! Thats one bad ass little car!! I didnt know they were here in the states yet. Anyway, cool car! :thumb: Heres a pic for anyone who doesnt know what Im talking about.

[image]http://www.highresautoimages.com/lotus/elise2.jpg[/image]

·
Out to lunch
10,529 Posts
Some have been here a few years as grey market cars. When I was living In Little Rock a local racer had made his trak only car street legal.(easy to get away with in Arkansas) I think they are awesome and would like to trak one very bad.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What amazed me was how low and wide this little car was. And man, that yellow on the Lotus is BRIGHT!! :nod: Well, I didnt think I would ever get to see one in person, but Im glad I did. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FUSCUCLA1 said:
Austin man what the F is that thing galloping in your avatar?

/images/graemlins/laughing.gif I dont quite know, but it makes me laugh every time I see it.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
VIPERESS 013 said:
That's a cute looking little car. I wonder what it would look like in black?

This is what it looks like. Sorry about the pic, its one of the only ones I could find of it in black.

[image]http://www.highresautoimages.com/lotus/elise9.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yellow Fever said:
What are these Elise's selling for ?? That looks like a fun car to beat the piss out of on the track:nod:.

Cheers

Jeff

$40,000 US. You can order 'em now.

Not bad cars at all...but they could use a little more power.

Low 14s, in the euro version...and the US version will be 200 lbs heavier and have significantly less power. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Granted, the car isn't about straight line speed...but still.

·
Irredeemable
9,343 Posts
I have always wanted one for the track. I read recently they will come to the US with a revised front nose that is more aggressive...the current one looks like it is smiling.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Actually the U.S. version of the Elise should have a 180HP Toyota engine in it when it comes stateside, which should give it performance between the Mustang GT and the regular Corvette.

The Elise is a bare-bones car, but it handles very well and for under $40K I'd happily take a 180HP Elise over something like a regular Boxster or Z4.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I have a yellow on order. it should be here in April. I drove a black one Easter weekend in Dallas. It was a kick in the pants. Loaded, they will go for a little over $40k with a hardtop, upgraded wheels and suspension.

They are a bitch to get in and out of though....VERY SMALL!!

Chip

·
Registered
190 Posts
onerareviper said:
Correction - The US version will have 190HP. The Toyota motor does have 180 HP, but Lotus tweaks the ECU for an addition 10 HP.
Better still. I didn't know that they were available to order yet.
It definitely looks tempting as a 3rd car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts