Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy showed up with two Vipers (Not named Chuck). We got to talking and he told me that his next mod would be a supercharger. So, I asked, if he needed to reprogram the PCM. He replied, no. He stated that he just needed to change "cards". I guess that I am missing the point here. Do Viper owners add mods without a "Custom" tune to that motor and mod? I.E. Cobra Mustang, you can buy a off the shelf tune which can hit or miss, or have a direct "Custom" tune to that motor and mod or mods. At SuperChips, they started with my stock Cobra Mustang, and made three pulls on the SuperFlow WinDyn V2.3 Alpha 2 to set the baseline. This started 8:30 A.M.. As I added mods, they made more pulls in sets of threes. They finished at 3:30 P.M. with a "Custom" to my motor and my mods. Is this not how Vipers are done?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
CollinsvilleZ said:
A guy showed up with two Vipers (Not named Chuck). We got to talking and he told me that his next mod would be a supercharger. So, I asked, if he needed to reprogram the PCM. He replied, no. He stated that he just needed to change "cards". I guess that I am missing the point here. Do Viper owners add mods without a "Custom" tune to that motor and mod? I.E. Cobra Mustang, you can buy a off the shelf tune which can hit or miss, or have a direct "Custom" tune to that motor and mod or mods. At SuperChips, they started with my stock Cobra Mustang, and made three pulls on the SuperFlow WinDyn V2.3 Alpha 2 to set the baseline. This started 8:30 A.M.. As I added mods, they made more pulls in sets of threes. They finished at 3:30 P.M. with a "Custom" to my motor and my mods. Is this not how Vipers are done?
Concern yourself with that question after you buy a VIPER!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
CollinsvilleZ said:
If it is a Roe supercharger he is having installed, they come with a VecII, which has programmable cards that can be programmed using a pc/laptop and a card burner. He usually sends a couple of cards with it that are basic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.