Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My viper is getting new lifters pushrods and a few other fixes. So I'm stuck...can't drive it.

I need alittle good reading here.

vids are welcome

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not exactly a kill story, unless you count my viper getting killed. A couple of nights ago I ran through 1st and 2nd gear with a Boss Hoss with a very large rider on it. He gained about 6 feet when I shifted but neither of us were pulling an inch under power. I suspect had we room for 3rd gear the outcome might of been different. My 97' GTS is basically stock, just filters, tubes and muffler delete so I was surprised it did as well as it did but the guy on the bike had to have been over 400lbs so that would have a big effect. I have a Vmax bike that would of slaughtered my car in 1st and 2nd, of course those Boss Hoss's come with any engine you want so maybe this one was just dogged out, looked like a rat bike. Tom

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Tanked said:
My viper is getting new lifters pushrods and a few other fixes. So I'm stuck...can't drive it.

I need alittle good reading here.

vids are welcome
Why are you doing work in August? February is engine work time!

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I killed a 7" one in my pants this morning. /images/graemlins/smiles The only issue...is I can't get rid of it. I tried to cut the head off once...but it bite my hand.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I killed a Z06 in my 300ZX the other day. 2 guys in the Z06 and a passenger w/ me. The Z06 guys were amazed (talked to them at the next light) . His was 405 HP (logos on the side of the hood) w/ exhaust and ? (I never asked). We *both* knew it was a race. My Z is stock turbos, chip, downpipes, flywheel and better clutch, exhaust, and rear gear change. By midway through 3rd, I had 6+ cars on him.
Rarely find anyone to run in The Viper. It has to be the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We are way off topic (vipers) here, but I find that one very hard to believe. Six car lengths?? in a 300ZX with mild mods versus a Z06?? Sorry, I would need proof to believe that one. BTW, the Z06 should be the one 6-10 car lengths ahead if driven correctly, which is not hard to do).

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I should have known better than to post it here. *Modified* Z versus stock Z06. Z won easily. How can I prove it to you? I can't. Why would I try? I won't after this email. Z makes ~325RWHP and 350TQ (recently dyno'd). 6 lengths in a race up to 100MPH = what. .1-.2 seconds? I beat him off the line, and pulled 1-2 car lengths in every gear.
I have also beat an SVT Cobra (stock, except for exhaust) recently in this Z. I have not been able to run it against my Viper with good driver in both, but some who have ridden in the Z think it will give the Viper a run. I do not believe so. If you are in the Bay Area and have a stock Z06, I will run you. If not, STFU.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
XS TORQ said:
I should have known better than to post it here. *Modified* Z versus stock Z06. Z won easily. How can I prove it to you? I can't. Why would I try? I won't after this email. Z makes ~325RWHP and 350TQ (recently dyno'd). 6 lengths in a race up to 100MPH = what. .1-.2 seconds? I beat him off the line, and pulled 1-2 car lengths in every gear.
I have also beat an SVT Cobra (stock, except for exhaust) recently in this Z. I have not been able to run it against my Viper with good driver in both, but some who have ridden in the Z think it will give the Viper a run. I do not believe so. If you are in the Bay Area and have a stock Z06, I will run you. If not, STFU.
Hey XS no reason to be ugly..... :rofl: I have a CTS-V that I would like to run you in seeing how I know my Viper would destroy your Z or your Viper...Now bring your car to NC, if not, how did you put it, STFU.... :smooch:Matt

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Matt.
The guy called me a liar, and I was just trying to say I would give another stock vette a try. You have fast cars. That is known. My cars are very average. Someone asked for kill stories. That is all I had.

·
Hooray for me, & fuck you
7,863 Posts
XS TORQ said:
I killed a Z06 in my 300ZX the other day.
riceboi :fist:

·
Hooray for me, & fuck you
7,863 Posts
XS TORQ said:
I see you got rid of the seafoam Yugo. How could you sell that without telling me?? Your new sig car appears to run the same time, if memory serves me correctly.

:bowdown:
heh.. i saw a sprint driving yesterday and it just cracked me up.. then i searched on yahoo and jackasses are putting suzuki swift motors in them and upping the boost on the stock motors to like 20lbs.. all to get the cars to run 15 sec 1/4s..

i just HAD to pay homage to such behavior.

WAR 3-CYL!

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Z06 kills Vipers all the time. The next victim is V10 MOJO at Atco on November 13th. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
278 Posts
XS TORQ said:
Just to be reasonable though, most Z06's make 340-360rwhp, and are 300-400pds lighter than a 300ZX tt. So inmo, unless the driver was horrible, you would lose. And i HATE Z06's.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
allan said:
XS TORQ said:
Just to be reasonable though, most Z06's make 340-360rwhp, and are 300-400pds lighter than a 300ZX tt. So inmo, unless the driver was horrible, you would lose. And i HATE Z06's.
He may have had traction issues, or be a bad driver (or both). I have an NA rear end in the Z (4.10 gear) and that helps get to full boost - ~15psi - much earlier.
There is a VERY good chance I would get beat by another Z06. I was very surprised to win that race.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.