Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Stradale. :bowdown: This car is so beautiful!! Toby, can you opt. for the 6-speed manual on the Stradale or is strictly an F1 tranny?

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/albums/album407/53_G.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/albums/album407/54_G.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/albums/album407/56_G.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/albums/album407/61_G.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/albums/album407/71_G.jpg[/image]

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I prefer the manual, but I actually think that car would be a BLAST with the F1 tranny. /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
There‘s a choice of two Challenge Stradale versions: a more extreme one with racing seats and sliding

windows, last used on the F40, and another, fitted with lighter, wrap-around, leather seats and wind-down windows.

car weight that is 110 kg less than the 360 Modena

Carbon technology, derived directly from Formula 1 and used extensively on Ferrari limited-run road cars, was employed for the first time on an 8-cylinder car.

For the Challenge Stradale it has been used for both structural parts (door panels, racing seat shells, filter-box covers) and for interior and exterior trim features.

425 bhp at 8,500 rpm (the most powerful V8 Ferrari has ever built)

There are two gear-change configurations (Sport and Race): each of these configurations corresponds to an integrated car-control logic as regards damper set-up and traction control (ASR). In ‘RACE‘ mode and with the ASR disengaged there‘s also a ‘launch control‘ strategy as used in Formula 1, a feature specially designed to give drivers a high-performance start in good grip conditions.

and the car has about 100 other things that is different that a standard 360.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Toby said:
There‘s a choice of two Challenge Stradale versions: a more extreme one with racing seats and sliding

windows, last used on the F40, and another, fitted with lighter, wrap-around, leather seats and wind-down windows.

car weight that is 110 kg less than the 360 Modena

Carbon technology, derived directly from Formula 1 and used extensively on Ferrari limited-run road cars, was employed for the first time on an 8-cylinder car.

For the Challenge Stradale it has been used for both structural parts (door panels, racing seat shells, filter-box covers) and for interior and exterior trim features.

425 bhp at 8,500 rpm (the most powerful V8 Ferrari has ever built)

There are two gear-change configurations (Sport and Race): each of these configurations corresponds to an integrated car-control logic as regards damper set-up and traction control (ASR). In ‘RACE‘ mode and with the ASR disengaged there‘s also a ‘launch control‘ strategy as used in Formula 1, a feature specially designed to give drivers a high-performance start in good grip conditions.

and the car has about 100 other things that is different that a standard 360.
I have seen the one with the slider windows. Its cheap looking, Ill take a regular 360.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I've been wanting a black 360 more and more over the last year. I LOVE the Stradale though...

Sigh.

I don't have enough room at the house. But I've found myself looking on ebay every night this week... :nod:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I hear that the F1 paddle shifters on those things dont turn as the wheel turns, so for example, exiting a turn you cannot upshift until the wheel is straight. That is a serious engineering flaw and I wonder if they ever changed it

·
Registered
932 Posts
VetteZ06 said:
I hear that the F1 paddle shifters on those things dont turn as the wheel turns, so for example, exiting a turn you cannot upshift until the wheel is straight. That is a serious engineering flaw and I wonder if they ever changed it
The right shifter is longer so you can reach it with the wheel turned for just this reason.

·
Registered
220 Posts
overhere the cheapest "regular"

1999 360 modena euro 90.000

a 2003 stradale euro 145.000

1 euro being 1.24 dollar

not a lot of money for such nice car's, but you are gonna make
some dealer rich maintaining these.

·
Registered
542 Posts
VetteZ06 said:
Ala M3 with the paddles on the wheel. I still like the idea of a manually shifted sequential over the F1, but it sure does some cool stuff with the traction control and what not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.