Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Stradale. :bowdown: This car is so beautiful!! Toby, can you opt. for the 6-speed manual on the Stradale or is strictly an F1 tranny?

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/albums/album407/53_G.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/albums/album407/54_G.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/albums/album407/56_G.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/albums/album407/61_G.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/albums/album407/71_G.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
God that looks sooooooo good in black! That is the exact model and color to own. But yes, forget about that paddle shift crap. Clutch and stick is the only way to enjoy that bueaty.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I prefer the manual, but I actually think that car would be a BLAST with the F1 tranny. /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
F1 tranny only from what I understand.

That car is one fine bitch...dressed in high heels and leather...all business!!

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
There‘s a choice of two Challenge Stradale versions: a more extreme one with racing seats and sliding

windows, last used on the F40, and another, fitted with lighter, wrap-around, leather seats and wind-down windows.

car weight that is 110 kg less than the 360 Modena

Carbon technology, derived directly from Formula 1 and used extensively on Ferrari limited-run road cars, was employed for the first time on an 8-cylinder car.

For the Challenge Stradale it has been used for both structural parts (door panels, racing seat shells, filter-box covers) and for interior and exterior trim features.

425 bhp at 8,500 rpm (the most powerful V8 Ferrari has ever built)

There are two gear-change configurations (Sport and Race): each of these configurations corresponds to an integrated car-control logic as regards damper set-up and traction control (ASR). In ‘RACE‘ mode and with the ASR disengaged there‘s also a ‘launch control‘ strategy as used in Formula 1, a feature specially designed to give drivers a high-performance start in good grip conditions.

and the car has about 100 other things that is different that a standard 360.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Toby said:
There‘s a choice of two Challenge Stradale versions: a more extreme one with racing seats and sliding

windows, last used on the F40, and another, fitted with lighter, wrap-around, leather seats and wind-down windows.

car weight that is 110 kg less than the 360 Modena

Carbon technology, derived directly from Formula 1 and used extensively on Ferrari limited-run road cars, was employed for the first time on an 8-cylinder car.

For the Challenge Stradale it has been used for both structural parts (door panels, racing seat shells, filter-box covers) and for interior and exterior trim features.

425 bhp at 8,500 rpm (the most powerful V8 Ferrari has ever built)

There are two gear-change configurations (Sport and Race): each of these configurations corresponds to an integrated car-control logic as regards damper set-up and traction control (ASR). In ‘RACE‘ mode and with the ASR disengaged there‘s also a ‘launch control‘ strategy as used in Formula 1, a feature specially designed to give drivers a high-performance start in good grip conditions.

and the car has about 100 other things that is different that a standard 360.
I have seen the one with the slider windows. Its cheap looking, Ill take a regular 360.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I've been wanting a black 360 more and more over the last year. I LOVE the Stradale though...

Sigh.

I don't have enough room at the house. But I've found myself looking on ebay every night this week... :nod:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I hear that the F1 paddle shifters on those things dont turn as the wheel turns, so for example, exiting a turn you cannot upshift until the wheel is straight. That is a serious engineering flaw and I wonder if they ever changed it

·
Registered
932 Posts
VetteZ06 said:
I hear that the F1 paddle shifters on those things dont turn as the wheel turns, so for example, exiting a turn you cannot upshift until the wheel is straight. That is a serious engineering flaw and I wonder if they ever changed it
The right shifter is longer so you can reach it with the wheel turned for just this reason.

·
Registered
220 Posts
overhere the cheapest "regular"

1999 360 modena euro 90.000

a 2003 stradale euro 145.000

1 euro being 1.24 dollar

not a lot of money for such nice car's, but you are gonna make
some dealer rich maintaining these.

·
Registered
542 Posts
VetteZ06 said:
Ala M3 with the paddles on the wheel. I still like the idea of a manually shifted sequential over the F1, but it sure does some cool stuff with the traction control and what not.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
That's a great looking car. I love how they I can't wait to see one at a AutoX

1 - 19 of 19 Posts