Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just minding my own business this past weekend. Decided to stop by the Dodge dealership to run the piss out of a new Magnum R/T. I spot this yellow hotness in the distance. Had to check it out. Next thing I know, Barry White music is playing in my head. I MUST HAVE THIS TRUCK!
2004 Dodge Ram SLT in Solar Yellow w/ 20 inch chrome wheels.

BTW, It's got a hemi! :thumb:[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/498VA.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
470 Posts
Viperjohn said:
Just minding my own business this past weekend. Decided to stop by the Dodge dealership to run the piss out of a new Magnum R/T. I spot this yellow hotness in the distance. Had to check it out. Next thing I know, Barry White music is playing in my head. I MUST HAVE THIS TRUCK!
2004 Dodge Ram SLT in Solar Yellow w/ 20 inch chrome wheels.

BTW, It's got a hemi! :thumb:[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/498VA.jpg[/image]
Sweet looking truck dude. And it would look great w/ that Viper in tow!!!

·
Registered
920 Posts
the wheels aren't chrome, unfortunately, they are plastic wheel trims covering steel wheels, just tap your finger on them and youll find out /images/graemlins/sad

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are chrome Neil, you have two choices with the 20 inch aluminum wheels, either polished or chrome. The polished look dull compared to the chrome.

I just looked at the Dodge Ram catalog and it lists both those wheels as aluminum.

Dodge does have some other wheels for the Ram which are as you suspect. chrome covered steel wheels.

Does anybody know more about this?

·
Registered
920 Posts
ahh right, on the 2004 ram the 20" wheels are plastic covers over steel, my brother in law has them on his Laramie, he was quite disappointed when he found out

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went back buy to check the wheels out. They are plastic covers. The only good news is that they cover an aluminum wheel not steel.

Atleast if you scratch a wheel against the curb, replacement would be cheap.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I bought a two wheel drive version, I would in a heartbeat. Some dealership is selling a lowered yellow one on ebay now, they also put 22's on it. Looks sweet.

Unfortunately, I need the 4 wheel drive feature.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm not sure that the plastic chrome covers can be removed from the alloy wheel...

A complete replacement wheel list for about $700 I believe.

If anyone is looking to buy a Ram or any other Chrysler vehicle I have several "Friends" program control numbers left for this year (6, I think).

Makes the vehicle 1-2% under dealers invoice and all rebate and incentive still apply.

Email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,341 Posts
I have a new Hemi Ram 4 door, and I LOVE IT! I got the 17" wheels because I'm hopping curbs and driving over rocks at work all the time, so I need an 8 or 10-ply tire with a taller sidewall to withstand the punishment. The OE tires (4-ply Goodyear Wranglers) suffered their first flat (sidewall) with less than 2500 miles on them. If you get 20s, you will be stuck with 4-ply "P" tires instead of 6-8-10-ply "LT" tires. It may make no difference to you, but at least you are better informed about the tradeoffs.

I also recommend springing for the premium seat group. This will get you underseat storage and a fold-flat rear load floor. I use mine all the time. The Infinity sound system is suprisingly good. Not much volume, but great sound.

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
Dean,
The rear seat level load floor ROCKS - it makes bringing dogs to the kennel a hell of a lot easier and it holds MEGA stuff. One of the best changes in the new Rams.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,341 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Dodge makes a replacement set of the 20" rims with all aluminum for $375.00 each. You must order in sets of 4 though.

If you like the load floor, be sure and buy the truck with it already on there. It is a $200 option on the sticker, but costs you upwards of $1400.00 to add it afterwards. If you get the HEMI, first thing you should do is put a cold air intake system on it. Increases your gas mileage and gives you more horsepower. We stock the AIRAID system, it runs you about $229.00.

I'm at a dealer in Austin, TX, PM me if I can help you with your new truck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.