Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted earlier, I have two stripped lugs. The tire shop that had put them on denied it was their fault. They actually tried to tell me I stripped them while taking them off! Anyway, to make a long story short, I will be changing out the studs tomorrow.

I already have two different lug keys for the car. Each wheel has 5 lug nuts that use one key, and one that uses another. I don't want a third. So I need either 24 lugs using a single key, or 20 keyless nut (this way I can put one lock per wheel). Either way I will only need one key.

If anyone has some laying around that they will sell me, let me know.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Landscaping Professional
14,338 Posts
Vipers are one of the few (possibly only) passenger cars on the road with 6-lug wheels. In 11 years of Viper ownership, I have NEVER heard of a single instance of stolen wheels and the car on blocks. Stolen cars? Yes. Wheels? No. The Dodge Dakota uses the same 6-lug hubs as the Viper.

I'd buy a set of 20 chrome nuts and keep your locks on the 6th stud of each wheel.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,338 Posts
OK - one. I don't do "the other forum" much anymore.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Make sure they're insured, and don't worry about it. They don't fit anything but another Viper and the locking lugs are usually a PITA. If you must, as Dean said, just get 4, one on each wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.