Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to start picking up some extra parts to take with me to the races.

Several people broke this past weekend including myself and it makes for a long weekend! :nod:

I want to pick up a couple for myself and to have at the track for others in case they break. If anyone has any extra of either priced reasonably I will purchase them to make sure those attending the races can make it through.

thanks
David Boggs

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
brianflynn said:
There is always going to be a weak link in the chain.
not always - but the cost of having something that will not break wil be a lot more than what is currently available.

By the end of this year I should be able to announce a new synchro 6 speed that can handle 1000ft/lb with ease. It will be almost twice as strong as the latest higher spec T-56 version and shift vastly quicker. Cost will be similar to the Quaife 6 speed except it will be suitable for daily driving and quiet.

Those who can't wait can run a Liberty or Lenco - but they are not street friendly. Running a T-56 with 1000ft/lb will be playing Russian Roulette - after several replacements the new super duty box will seem a bargain. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Dr Roof said:
I want to pick up a couple for myself and to have at the track for others in case they break. If anyone has any extra of either priced reasonably I will purchase them to make sure those attending the races can make it through.
Damn, how can anyone hate you.....you're too nice. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
496 Posts
does anyone offer an aftermarket stronger rear end for the Viper??...i know mods are somewhat limited on the Viper but maybe there is something better than stock??

Anthony

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a complete Unitrax diff that is just barely broken in (~400 miles) I'm going to sell. It is their "tuned posi," which from what Unitrax told me is supposed to be strengthened some over stock and lock up a little quicker. However, it has 3.55's in it, so you would probably need a tall tire for drag racing a high hp car (hey, it works for Tony:bowdown:).

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
VIPERn94FIVE0 said:
does anyone offer an aftermarket stronger rear end for the Viper??...i know mods are somewhat limited on the Viper but maybe there is something better than stock??

Anthony
Contact Norm, you will recognize his style when YOU READ ALL OF HIS POST IN CAPS. He sends his rear ends out and has them bullet proofed before ever running the first race.

rohn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.