Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, on Friday night I put my car into a concrete barrier. Busted the nose up pretty good and radiator. Couldnt tell how bad it really was being it was so dark. I go tomorrow to check the car out!!...been a nervous wreck all weekend...So does anyone have any experience with wrecking their car?? Could give me some advice, ive seen alot of Vipers that have been totaled with very little damage. How come???
thanks
nolan

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
What a first post. That truly sucks. Car is repairable though. Since the hood is so expensive, I would think one could just about total a Viper with only minor damage done to the correct places.

What year?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Well my first GTS was wrecked for me by a friends shop that was doing some work on it. Here is a link to the pics of it. It was 16k to repair it. It didnt need a front hood, but new front mask, lights, wheels, side exhaust cover, and door damage with a repaint of it all.....

http://shawn.supertux.com/album06

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah wish this wasnt my first post!! Its amazing how fast that car can get away from you. Did all I could to keep it from being alot worse...Ive just heard insurance adjusters are bastards on these cars??

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry dude.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
That is terrible! So glad you are ok though. You are not replaceable... the car can be fixed or replaced.

·
Registered
670 Posts
exactly what TM said.

You get an estimate yet???

how'd you lose control?

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
It's no problem really. Just whip out the Krylon and spray up all teh stuff that doesn't look right. You should be fine with just a few coats. BTW, I found a nice place to finance spray paint over 10 years.

Best of Luck,

Bonkers

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry to hear you wrecked. Maybe if you had photos, we could tell you what all it would cost to get that stuff fixed. Dont let anyone fool you, the viper has the same process to repair as any other car. Watch for Viper Tax, as they will try to screw you on cost of repair. Stay smart, maybe engage us with your estimates, and we'll let you know if its fair.

Jon

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Check out some of the replacement hoods. They're still crazy expensive, but will save you some money.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Get the money for a factory hood and then purchase the Elite hood.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well heres the story.....I was coming off the exit from the interstate and took the turn alittle to hard..the rear end broke out and I did everything I could to keep it from hitting the barrier..busted the front end, radiator, hood, but the headlights seem fine. Just got off the phone with the guys from Viperspeed, looks like something good might come out of all this...custom hood, frontend, and some more...ill get some pics on here pretty soon of the damage...just a shame she was in wonderful condition...by the way, i got qouted 12,000$ for a new hood!!???

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Sounds to me you lost a queen but gained a track car. Now fix it, track it and take that exit again when you have more seat time.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Pilots break loose and wreck another Viper!!!!!!!!!!!Those tires are Junk!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts