Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember that quick video I had of my friend and me going at it? One was from a dig at a light and the other was two roll-ons?

At the gym today he comes up and asks if I want to run again, this time, $100 bucks a race... I told him I didn't want to take his money but he insisted...

So it looks like perhaps this weekend I have 2 of 3 or 3 of 5 races setup with a 2001 Yamaha R1. THis time I will have no passenger, correct tire pressure, just a 'lil bit of race gas, yank my air filter and I'll make sure I'll have aggresive parameters in my computer. I'm sure I'll walk him...... THis should be pretty good..

Last time we raced I had my fiance in the car, air filter installed and all other stuff wasn't done as above and we were tied or I just edged him out by a couple inches a shift..

Stay tuned...

Gerald

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
G,

May have to drive down for that one.....Dont do the roof maneuver and hold video back....I want film.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Gerald said:
Remember that quick video I had of my friend and me going at it? One was from a dig at a light and the other was two roll-ons?

At the gym today he comes up and asks if I want to run again, this time, $100 bucks a race... I told him I didn't want to take his money but he insisted...

So it looks like perhaps this weekend I have 2 of 3 or 3 of 5 races setup with a 2001 Yamaha R1. THis time I will have no passenger, correct tire pressure, just a 'lil bit of race gas, yank my air filter and I'll make sure I'll have aggresive parameters in my computer. I'm sure I'll walk him...... THis should be pretty good..

Last time we raced I had my fiance in the car, air filter installed and all other stuff wasn't done as above and we were tied or I just edged him out by a couple inches a shift..

Stay tuned...

Gerald
G - keep the filters in; they're not that restrictive and if you pull them and don't drive the car far enough for the motor to recalibrate the A/F, you'll be down on power. MHO

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Clint Sever said:
Gerald said:

Stay tuned...

Gerald
G - keep the filters in; they're not that restrictive and if you pull them and don't drive the car far enough for the motor to recalibrate the A/F, you'll be down on power. MHO
Woah, really? Not what I have been hearing. Anybody else able to confirm this?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The filter is coming OFF. Clint, you don't drag race much huh? /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

And trust me, with supercharging, removing that filter is good for another lb of boost.. /images/graemlins/smiles Plus nothing big is getting in there anyways, it's gotta get past the impeller, which isn't gonna happen.. /images/graemlins/smiles

G

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Did it ever occur to you that he might have done a few more things to that bike?

Usually if someone comes in all cocky and confident like that considering the outcome the last time...something is up.

Check that bike out.

If you lose...you'll have to update your 'old technology' on your DLM machine. lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with "Captain", He may have hidden a couple NOS stuff... Manny had a hard time against these "Busas".
Good Luck

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nahhhh, he's got nothing new........ at least I hope... /images/graemlins/smiles

This guy couldn't afford new tires to say the least...

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
dont sleep on those bikes man for a few hundred you can make those rocketships

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Gerald

I got faith in you!!! Go get emm Tiger!!!

oh yea, VIDEO IS A MUST!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Hahaha.....I think I might actually want Gerald to lose....so he has to put more horsepower in that ride! Come on Gerald, you know you want it!!!

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
G that bike dude is up to something if he doesnt have $$ to put new tires but wants to run a c note a race :idea: he's got more modds I'm telling you :twocents:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we'll see... I know it's already modded. Pipe, exhaust, etc

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
This will be good. Can't wait to see the footage . Go Gerald!!! /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Gerald, get a second camera in your car and cover both angles!

-M

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I got it from IO PORT RACING. Type it in on google. Also bought their window suction mount, which is what I used for all the front camera shots in my last race video. As for how well they stick, I used the same one in my RT/10 at Willow Springs, and that was a HARD HARD run, shaking, accelarting, hard braking, etc., and it worked perfect. I have 3 or 4 other camera mounts I bought that I haven't used yet, including ones that go on the outside of the car, ones that can clip onto the seat, etc. Thing is I only have two cameras right now, well, and one OLD digital video camera from about 7 years ago when they first came out -- it's huge!

-Manny

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Manny, what's that link for the window mount camera holder?

G

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.