Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/155HP8-med.jpg[/image]

I am leaning towards going with this wheel design for our first custom wheel for the Viper. We will most likely do some sort of a 6-spoke design for our next wheel.

The wheel above will save nearly 20 lbs. in unsprung weight compared to a set of stock Viper wheels. The will be available in silver, full polish or full chrome.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
Have to agree with the others. Big improvement over the previous version. What's the price point you're shooting for on these?

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Looks better then the last one, not so "ricey", but it looks more like the Forgeline VR1's.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
VRI has less spokes and the spokes split closer to the center. I love this wheel, a 6 spoke version would look more like a VR1. Nothing wrong with that. :nod:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The list price will be around $4,000. We will offer a special Viper Alley group buy price of $3,500 for a complete set of 19's. Thanks for the questions and comments.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Nice wheel. Would look good with the center painted to match car.

Not sure about chrome, it will round out some of the edges of the wheel, making it look bland.

·
Registered
323 Posts
A lot better than the other one... More spokes than the VR1, less spokes than BBS/ACR wheels. I assume this is going to be forged.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ViperJohn - we plan to offer the production cap in silver with your choice of the Hennessey or Viper (Fangs) logo.

Alternative - yes the BBS is a 10-spoke, the VR1 is a 6-spoke and our proposed design is an 8-spoke. Yes, our wheel is forged.

Thanks again for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
MacedoMS said:
I just passed a Caddy on 24" Gold Spoke Wheels with Knock-Offs...I'd go for that look, John.
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts