Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfin the net and found some mods for the 360. My question is this. Why is it that they don't get much more power out of bolt-ons on these cars. Is it because it's tweeked so much from Ferrari that there is not much room for more hp to be found?

·
Registered
899 Posts
there is a co. called Novitec that has many parts for the 360's including superchargers. hp is available up to 600 hp if your wallet is deep enough, they were in one of the last few Ferrari mags(Cavallino sp?)

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
ferraris should be left completely stock, even down to the wheels. They are automotive perfection.
[image]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/144000-144999/144747_5_full.jpg[/image]

:ugh:

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
makara said:
Craig201MPH said:
ferraris should be left completely stock, even down to the wheels. They are automotive perfection.
[image]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/144000-144999/144747_5_full.jpg[/image]

:ugh:

There is NO saving that. ttteeehehehe :rofl:

·
Banned
5,927 Posts
Ferrari's are kinda like BMWs. You can throw a ton of money at an older M3 and still only pull 300ish HP. They're just that tuned from factory.

Honda engines are the same way. Their gains are minimal for the money required.
Lamborghini engines are like Viper motors, they have TONS of potential hiding in them. But they have no racing history :leaving:

I'm with Craig on this one. Keep it stock, except for perhaps the tubi.

Mondial...ummm, just throw it away /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

MM

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
MadMaxx said:
Ferrari's are kinda like BMWs. You can throw a ton of money at an older M3 and still only pull 300ish HP. They're just that tuned from factory.

Honda engines are the same way. Their gains are minimal for the money required.
Lamborghini engines are like Viper motors, they have TONS of potential hiding in them. But they have no racing history :leaving:

I'm with Craig on this one. Keep it stock, except for perhaps the tubi.

Mondial...ummm, just throw it away /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

MM
:rofl:

I forgot about the exhaust /images/graemlins/toothy

·
Registered
607 Posts
imola racing is the shit for ferrari racing mods. they have a body kit for the 360 modena that makes it look imsa like with the spoiler in the back, the chin splitter in the front and the ground effects, etc on the sides of the car and wider wheel wells, etc. they offer horsepower mods for ferraris too.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
While some people think a modded Ferrari is about as purist as a Rolls Royce with a flame paint job - I happen to be one of those people that think there is no production car so precious it can't be improved if the owner so wishes.

Some of the 360 Ferraris can barely be told apart from a well tuned Honda ViTec by the sound alone - I know because I lived in an area where I was hearing and seeing both every day back in NZ.

But with a decent exhaust they sound great. Their 12 cylinder cars sound VERY good, but not as menacing as the Lambo. What they do sound like is awesomely silky smooth while at the same time automotive purity in musical tone.

By contrast, a Lambo with an aftermarket free flow exhaust is pure hotrod - it'll raise the hairs on the back of your neck to hear it coming long before you see it :nod:

A Ferrari engine will respond like any other engine to being modified but with trade offs and at a big cost. I'd also wager very few could improve them all round. Even most of the racing teams find they have a marvellous tendancy to blow themselves into little pieces when built for racing... if I were going to get more power out of one I'd throw a lot of stuff away because they are close to their limits as they are.

How many 360 Ferrari cup cars have you seen last a 24 hour race on one engine?

Formula One has been helping their road car reliability - but they still will not outlast a Honda ViTec in a road race. Even the 427 C7 small block Chevy lasts longer and makes a lot more power for racing. The 427 is probably smaller and lighter as well.

For the big power - Koennig has been going for years and made some pretty evil Ferrari twin turbo conversions in their day

Still - as a stock exotic sports car - the Ferrari name has that mystique and is probably the greatest purist exotic car out there. The new 430 promises to be something special.

Personally - I'm no purist - give me the big balled Murcielago, now THAT may not have the royal bloolines - but who gives a crap - that car is the main event where-ever it parks. I'd own a GTR carbon fibre Murcie just to look at it /images/graemlins/laughing.gif :nod: :thumb:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Torquemonster said:
While some people think a modded Ferrari is about as purist as a Rolls Royce with a flame paint job - I happen to be one of those people that think there is no production car so precious it can't be improved if the owner so wishes.

Some of the 360 Ferraris can barely be told apart from a well tuned Honda ViTec by the sound alone - I know because I lived in an area where I was hearing and seeing both every day back in NZ.

But with a decent exhaust they sound great. Their 12 cylinder cars sound VERY good, but not as menacing as the Lambo. What they do sound like is awesomely silky smooth while at the same time automotive purity in musical tone.

By contrast, a Lambo with an aftermarket free flow exhaust is pure hotrod - it'll raise the hairs on the back of your neck to hear it coming long before you see it :nod:

A Ferrari engine will respond like any other engine to being modified but with trade offs and at a big cost. I'd also wager very few could improve them all round. Even most of the racing teams find they have a marvellous tendancy to blow themselves into little pieces when built for racing... if I were going to get more power out of one I'd throw a lot of stuff away because they are close to their limits as they are.

Formula One has been helping their road car reliability - but they still will not outlast a Honda ViTec in a road race. Even the 427 C7 small block Chevy lasts longer and makes a lot more power for racing. The 427 is probably smaller and lighter as well.

For the big power - Koennig has been going for years and made some pretty evil Ferrari twin turbo conversions in their day

Still - as a stock exotic sports car - the Ferrari name has that mystique and is probably the greatest purist exotic car out there. The new 430 promises to be something special.

Personally - I'm no purist - give me the big balled Murcielago, now THAT may not have the royal bloolines - but who gives a crap - that car is the main event where-ever it parks. I'd own a GTR carbon fibre Murcie just to look at it /images/graemlins/laughing.gif :nod: :thumb:
Thats because with Lambo reliability, thats all you could do with it :rofl: /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wannabe Owner said:
Torquemonster said:

Thats because with Lambo reliability, thats all you could do with it :rofl: /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
Keep telling yourself that.

·
Registered
899 Posts
The Novitec cars are quite impressive styling and performance twin supercharged 600hp 360 that would be fun, the company is quite well know in europe. all isnt Bob Norwood in TX he has built some very impressive Ferrari's

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.