Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Re: How\'s testing going...

THE CHAD said:
You big chicken.

Actually, my car is in one-cagillion-fafillion pieces so I am looking for some excitement.
Same thing over here. BTW, if you are bored, I hear RSI is really desperate to sell a package today. Call them up and tell them you want to spend some money and they will give you all the excitement you will ever want trying to make the sale.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts

I'm doing a little testing... but it has nothing to do with you guys. I plan on handing a new gsxr1000 it's ass this weekend. I have a couple of state patrol officers that are willing to "loan" me a nice stretch of road for a little while. I am also planning to do a quick 0-200 run. My speed will be verified with a laser. I am going to video the whole thing. I hope I live to celebrate. :grim: Wish me luck. :thumb: Sorry for the hijack. :fist:

·
Registered
5,888 Posts

GARY JAVO said:
I'm doing a little testing... but it has nothing to do with you guys. I plan on handing a new gsxr1000 it's ass this weekend. I have a couple of state patrol officers that are willing to "loan" me a nice stretch of road for a little while. I am also planning to do a quick 0-200 run. My speed will be verified with a laser. I am going to video the whole thing. I hope I live to celebrate. :grim: Wish me luck. :thumb: Sorry for the hijack. :fist:

Good luck, keep the shiny side up!!!!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

John Hennessey said:
Same thing over here. BTW, if you are bored, I hear RSI is really desperate to sell a package today. Call them up and tell them you want to spend some money and they will give you all the excitement you will ever want trying to make the sale.

:doh: :atu: :eek:wned:

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

GARY JAVO said:
Good luck, have fun and PLEASE be careful. :nod:

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts

I have the AEM on my car now.....so I'm hoping to be able to run twelves this year :cursin:

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

GARY JAVO said:
Do yourself and us all, a favor (and easy all our minds at the same time), talk to John H. or Paolo about preparing for that 200mph run before you do it. You can never be too careful.

Good luck on the races. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts

KingViper said:
Hey Tony!
Is the AEM a big step up from a Vec2?
If you call going from a 9.55 to a 12.00 a big step.....I guess it is :leaving: Just joking....but seriously, I'm real close to changing back to the Vec2 so I can enjoy the car for a few weeks. I have learned a ton about the AEM but I'm still way off the mark. Full throttle isn't hard, but start up/idle/cruise is tough. I have started to look at it like this: who has put millions of $$$ and many engineers into how the stock ecu controls the car......Dodge. Now we know, they screwed up on full throttle tuning.....and something else is needed for a s/c. Well, the Vec2 leaves the good parts alone and takes care of needed improvements. The traction control and two step are a plus, but I keep asking myself: If the a/f and timing is correct with the Vec2.....then it should be the same with the AEM. If both have the same a/f and timing...is there going to be any more power ???? No.

All that said, "most" people familiar with the Viper AEM that I have spoken with are pleased after having them professionally tuned. I am not ready to spend $1500 - $2000 to have my car tuned. So I would say to most people, if you want an AEM you need to budget for the tuning $$$$.

I have not given up. I am going to the EFI101 school next month and I will go to the AEM software school when I can work it out.
http://www.efi101.com/

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

John Hennessey said:

Having a 2 fur 1 sale are they, maybe they'll cut me a deal or deal me a cut.

All those blocks at your shop were minus the cranks so the cranks are out having some work done on them or are those the new crankless motor everyone is talking about?

Interested in a TT 4 door dodge truck w/ factory auto John has one ready to go. Sounded stock and still has the needed go power.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

1TONY1 said:
If you call going from a 9.55 to a 12.00 a big step.....I guess it is :leaving: Just joking....but seriously, I'm real close to changing back to the Vec2 so I can enjoy the car for a few weeks. I have learned a ton about the AEM but I'm still way off the mark. Full throttle isn't hard, but start up/idle/cruise is tough. I have started to look at it like this: who has put millions of $$$ and many engineers into how the stock ecu controls the car......Dodge. Now we know, they screwed up on full throttle tuning.....and something else is needed for a s/c. Well, the Vec2 leaves the good parts alone and takes care of needed improvements. The traction control and two step are a plus, but I keep asking myself: If the a/f and timing is correct with the Vec2.....then it should be the same with the AEM. If both have the same a/f and timing...is there going to be any more power ???? No.

All that said, "most" people familiar with the Viper AEM that I have spoken with are pleased after having them professionally tuned. I am not ready to spend $1500 - $2000 to have my car tuned. So I would say to most people, if you want an AEM you need to budget for the tuning $$$$.

I have not given up. I am going to the EFI101 school next month and I will go to the AEM software school when I can work it out.
http://www.efi101.com/
Thanks for the explanation. BTW, I should be getting back my heads/cam and ROE manifold from Greg soon. All I can say is...as soon as I learn how to drive that beast after it is tuned properly, I should be able to kick some ass. :thumb: I don't think I ever heard of Gen 1 heads and Roe Manifold(combined) that put out the numbers that Greg did. So as soon as I get everything done I will dyno that bad boy...and we will see. I know I won't be close to "The Chad" numbers, but I think we will do very well for a Roe car.
Be

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.