Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i tried to race this 2002 yamaha R1 (1000cc) tired racing him from second gear but the car went side ways and the bike just flew .. we tried again from third gear around 100mph o little more .. i got a good jump and the bike just passed me third forth and the bike was going then after i shifted to fifth i just came flying to the bike and i passed him so hard and we tried it again from the same speed and i beat him again that bike is really fast but after a certain speed they just slow and the viper just comes flying /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif next time ill try to take some videos cuz here is really easy to drive fast and you can do it everyday and find alot of bikes that are willing to race /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

[image]http://www.henksmotorstore.nl/nieuws/yamaha_r1_2002_04.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
btw my car has Ballenger headers, B&B catless catback and roe racing 8 LB supercharger with a standard 9D card (93 octane) and stock 3.07 gears

·
Premium Member
19,230 Posts
Dude, get yourself a set of Kumhos and kick his ass right off the line. They grip like glue!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's going to be very difficult to beat any sportbike with big cc's in a drag race, even 600's can be irritating. Where I race at mile high dragstrip, I see the average good running gts run low 13's @110-112 mph on street tires. I see the average Joe on a 600 cc sportbike run low 12's to mid 11's with trap speeds from 118-122 mph. A descent rider on a gxr1000, hayabusa, or zx12 runs mid to high tens @130-135 mph. It's basically going to take a mildly modded viper with a blower or nos to put down the average 600. Beating an open class sportbike will take some serious funds! But then again thats the fun part.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I've pulled a 2001 R1 from a standstill (stoplight) Everyone on the sportbike forums says I staged video..

. Got it on video. Last I trapped was almost 138 in the 1/4...
I love beating stock 'busa's. They have no idea what hits 'em..

Get some Kuhmo's and you'll amazed at the bikes you can take down from a dig.

G

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the crotch rocket boys usually become HUGE PUSSIES at around 150 mph???

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the crotch rocket boys usually become HUGE PUSSIES at around 150 mph???
LOL!! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
78 Posts
Snake Bitten said:

-Actually yes, I passed one at 150 or so in my Z06, havent had the SRT10 that fast yet though.
I used to road race crotch rockets, so I can mess with those guys and its easy to tell if they are good riders or not

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bikes have very poor aerodynamics. They start slowing down ALOT after about 120mph. Any decently fast car can take a sportbike at above freeway speeds.
From a stop, most riders dont launch their bike like its capable of because its too easy to loop a bike. With a good launch though, I dont think there is a car that can catch a bike in the lower gears.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im thinking of getting the kumhos but they only come in 17 ..so should i just buy a set of Speedstar 17s with Kumho ECSTA V700 ? i got a really got deal for a polished set with 4 kumhos from JonB but im not sure how would they look on the car ? or should i just buy a set of rear 98 17s and mount the kumhos on them ? and guys with kumhos how long do they last ?
here are the speedstars
[image]http://secureprocessing.net/PartsRack/WebShop/images/ProductImages/WheelsandTires/Speedstar2.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
btw i have a set of the bfgoodrich drag radials but i didnt like the way the car drives on the highway i set them at 24psi and the car was all over the place

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
Bro one word to you “you rock” nice to hear from you man nice race and results take Gerald word he know what he is talking about he killed more bikes than we all combined, lol get the kuhmo's or buy 18 BFG drag radials since you have a 99 and try some of this, bro you didn’t say your car its un tuned /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif or you its done now ? still running rich ?

I raced some bikes but didn’t have much of a problem since I only raced 600 GSXR’s and some bikes I don’t really know, before the S/C with only full B&B exhaust(no cats running rich and still running rich /images/graemlins/down) from 40-60mph they just jump like 1-3cars a head and that’s it, I shift and bye-bye bike./images/graemlins/drunk

Get some sticky tires, run a 100 octane card or better, check A/F ratio to make sure everything is fine, and from a dig get the intercooler when its available rise the boost or you maybe try some NOS (9sec formula/images/graemlins/smoker) until ROE intercooler is ready all the best bro and drive safe.Mbn

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Kuhmo's won't last 10K miles and they will sandblast your side sills and wheel well to death with debris. Ask 1Tony1 about the "sandblasting" his car got from Kuhmo's.

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
MKS said:
btw i have a set of the bfgoodrich drag radials but i didnt like the way the car drives on the highway i set them at 24psi and the car was all over the place
sorry guess we posted at the same time, are they really bad at high speed ? damn mine arriving next week.lol

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
[image]http://www.fototime.com/0EA42DDA3BA867B/standard.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Tiepilot said:
Kuhmo's won't last 10K miles and they will sandblast your side sills and wheel well to death with debris. Ask 1Tony1 about the "sandblasting" his car got from Kuhmo's.
bahh! I'm not doubting Tony but maybe he's got some pretty sandy roads and / or doesn't he Autocross? I'm on my 2nd set and have ZERO sandblasting on my sills, fenders or fender wells.( I live in FL , TONS of sand).. My last set I got around 6k miles on them and I still had 40% tread life before I bought new ones)

Kuhmo's are the shit and 1/2 the price. So think about it, even thought they have shorter life your still getting MUCH more for your money..

Tirerack recommends shaving them and cycling them. DO NOT let them do that. Just buy them virgin, not touched.

G

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i didnt tune the car yet (no dyno hear:()and i cant wait for the intercooler and more boost /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

and about the bfgoodrich i had them on the car for one day and took them off ..the car was all over the place i dont know what was wrong

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MBN .. what gas do you run ? all i can find here is leaded race fuel and thanks man for all your help with the supercharger installation /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

1 - 20 of 38 Posts