Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Grab a couple cases of Canuck beer and go trollin' for a couple "weight-challenged" heffers. Stuff one in the front seat and the other in the back!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/carrot /images/graemlins/carrot /images/graemlins/carrot :smooch:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That wouldn't be hard to find around here!

Problem is they will drink all my beer.

Thanks for the technical advice SNAKBIT!

Any other words of wisdom......anyone........anyone? :lolcry:

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
LETHAL GTS said:
I was kinda hoping you'd drop in on this one SB.
But I was also hoping you would have something useful to add :slap:
Tracy...Are we talking aggressive street and mild to moderate track? What's your budget...like I need to ask /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mild track Gerald, you know the way I drive.............I think I'm at the track where ever I go.
How's your setup by the way?
Your RT.........was it lowered last time I was down? I'm thinking, yes.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Well, I run Eibachs, with my Koni's one and a half turns up front and one half turn in the back...32 psi in the front tires and 26 psi in the rears

My alignment specs are:

Front Camber -1.8
Rear Camber -1.3
Front Toe is +1/8
Rear Toe is +1/4
Castor 6.0

Took me two four hour sessions to dial in those specs to perfection...Pulling your sport shims will allow you to dial the front in easier.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I cut my coils. People seem to be against that these days, but there's nothing wrong with it if you do it right. 2 coils front, 1coil back dropped my car 1 1/2" on average. Looks NASTY! Front spoiler is less that 2" off the ground. This will also increase your spring rate to almost that of the eibachs, and you lose some progressiveness. I dialed 1 turn on my konis front and rear, but my rear is too tight. My friend whos been racing Beemers for 20 years suggested going full 1 1/2 up front, but the ride is already rough on the street, so I'll probably drop to 1/2 turn on the rear instead. Look at SnakeBitten's setup. He's also trying to compensate for all that torque.

If I was going to do it again, I'd go with the 1/2" lowering caps first. This may be enough for you to get that look without having to go to stiffer springs. Don't forget the allignment.

Good luck. I know its hard to get good tech on this site.

·
Registered
19,696 Posts
Tracey - stop in at Archers on your way down - sit in a chair and botch at their work for an hour - poof - done...

(that is what I did anyways...)

Also had to get the chin guard on - you'd be amazed at the shit you scrape on that you never thought twice about before...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got nearly the exact same configuration as Snake Bitten and really enjoy it. Many complain about the rough or bouncy ride in the Eibachs, but I feel that's because of an even balance of improper settings and subjective opinion. I *like* feeling the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.