Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
What year car, BADVENOM? The later cars don't repond the same to exhaust modifications as the earlier cars did. In fact, Vipers w/o catalyst from 96 (GenII) to 99 have made 45+rwhp whereas the later car w/o catalyst would be lucky to see a 20+rwhp gain from the same components.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Larry, 2000GTS with BnB headers and Corsa cats.Just curious since Chuck is installing them on soon.

Tony

·
Boostaholic
85 Posts
My car pulled 402rwhp stock, after the catback it pulled 412. After the headers it pulled 437rwhp and 498rwtq. I dont seem to remember the torque numbers for the first two pulls, I ll try to find the dyno sheets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Socal, I will have the same set up.How does she sound when you get on her??Loud? Thanks all.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My Belanger headers, Random Tech high flow cats, and Belanger exhaust modifications only gained 17 rwhp... 97 GTS

Not quite the 50 rwhp gain that Belanger claimed I would get.

·
Registered
161 Posts
On a 98+ car I'm with Larry. GREAT sound, but bang for the buck.....NOT!

I was going the header route, but for $2k, Im still trying to find someone that has taken stock 98+ headers and installed a 3" collector / pipe connection. I might go this route with RT hi flows and B&B catback.

Anyone seen or know of anyone that has done some junkyard engineering on 98+ headers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts