Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is interesting!.........."One '98 RT/10 (VIN 1B3ER65E*WV400408) was accidentally shipped with a "smooth hood and pre-'98 RT/10" facia. All other '98 RT/10's were manufactured with NACA duct and vented hood and GTS style front facia."

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
viper spray said:
This is interesting!.........."One '98 RT/10 (VIN 1B3ER65E*WV400408) was accidentally shipped with a "smooth hood and pre-'98 RT/10" facia. All other '98 RT/10's were manufactured with NACA duct and vented hood and GTS style front facia."
I wonder if that makes the car worth more or less in the long run.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I was wondering the same thing. If I were the owner would I be pissed or happy?

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
viper spray said:
I was wondering the same thing. If I were the owner would I be pissed or happy?
I've seen that car before - I don't think it will affect resale-ability.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
So most ACR's DO have A/C and stereos??? I thought NONE of them came had that unless you installed it afterwards...

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
weeztones said:
So most ACR's DO have A/C and stereos??? I thought NONE of them came had that unless you installed it afterwards...
Weez, thanks for trying to get that article - I didn't get a chance to tell you, I appreciate the effort.

The ACR had a "comfort group" - an optional package which reinstalled AC, radio, and foglights (maybe) that the package deleted /images/graemlins/laughing.gif. I think most opted for the CG.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Clint Sever said:
weeztones said:
Weez, thanks for trying to get that article - I didn't get a chance to tell you, I appreciate the effort.

The ACR had a "comfort group" - an optional package which reinstalled AC, radio, and foglights (maybe) that the package deleted /images/graemlins/laughing.gif. I think most opted for the CG.
No problem, I guess you saw the thread I made about it. I was pissed when I realized they changed the times on me.

Thanks for the ACR info too.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
It says they made 5 Graphite SRT's, where the hell are these SRT's? /images/graemlins/headscratch I bet the SRT looks awesome in the Graphite. /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
1 of 39 solid Grey 2000 ACRs

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The '99 RT break down by color is never mentioned anywhere! Anyone know where I can find it??

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
AUSTIN said:
It says they made 5 Graphite SRT's, where the hell are these SRT's? /images/graemlins/headscratch I bet the SRT looks awesome in the Graphite. /images/graemlins/smiles
This was before DC announced the color change for the SRT in 2003 - the original colors were Graphite, Red, and Silver.

·
A Luxury Once Sampled...
18,788 Posts
I think that info format sux. the way it was displayed before it showed my '00 Steel Gray GTS w/o Stripes as 1 of 128. Now it's just 1 of 292 GTS's... /images/graemlins/mad

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Clint Sever said:
AUSTIN said:
This was before DC announced the color change for the SRT in 2003 - the original colors were Graphite, Red, and Silver.

Oh, I was not aware of that, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Jamie said:
The '99 RT break down by color is never mentioned anywhere! Anyone know where I can find it??
I noticed this too. Even on the morgue its the same way. Does anyone have any info on why this data is missing or know the correct numbers for the 99 RT/10s? Its kind of strange that 1999 is the only year that seems to be unknown as far as color break down goes. /images/graemlins/confused

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
Biggest said:
I think that info format sux. the way it was displayed before it showed my '00 Steel Gray GTS w/o Stripes as 1 of 128. Now it's just 1 of 292 GTS's... /images/graemlins/mad
Biggs, hold the pointer over the 292....it shows 166 monotone, 126 stipes.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
STRYKU said:
Jamie said:
I noticed this too. Even on the morgue its the same way. Does anyone have any info on why this data is missing or know the correct numbers for the 99 RT/10s? Its kind of strange that 1999 is the only year that seems to be unknown as far as color break down goes. /images/graemlins/confused
There is a tidbit noted under the 99 GTS section on the connelly cars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts