Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last year i was stock with complete exhuast mods, filters and tubes. my best time at the end of last season was 11.605 at 121. my best dyno was 441rwhp.

now comes 2004; heads/cam/T&Ds/VEC2/70mm TBs/Nitrous (100-300shot) and way too much money for it all. so far dyno on motor was 530rwhp and on juice was 660rwhp. best ET on all motor was 10.97 at 129 and best ET on juice was...well, i havent had one cause the shit system isnt working properly YET.

all in all this year so far has made me realize that nothing is more important that properly tuning in your car, both on the dyno and on the road. all the damn mods in the world wont do shit and in fact can even make the car run worse if not properly tuned in.

ITS ALL IN THE TUNE

now, im off to go tune my car. im learning to do it myself, its not magical and its not a secret technique. anyone can become good at it with time, reading, and hands on experience.

Topeka, like Bradenton, was a nightmare for me. As for V10 Nats in Columbus, I do expect to win so anyone who will be running against me, congrats on second place its better than third :fist:

·
Registered
791 Posts
as i have learned...it's good to put it on the dyno at first and get a "safe tune"...somewhere to start and you know it won't hurt the motor..then work on the drivability end of it...then work on the final setup and A/F mix and the adaptives are close...it ends up a pretty good driver that way..at least thats how i did the VEC2 N/A setup on a car i jus finished...Len

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.