Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
26,037 Posts
The mounting holes are shaped like an 0 on a 45 degree angle, in the rear they are on the outside of the frame rail just behind the rear wheels. The fronts are a little harder they are mounted in the inside of the frame rails by the front tires. You can get the "R" hooks & four 10,000 lb. tie down straps at 1-800-TIEDOWN. Make sure you cross the straps in an "X" for a more stable tie down :nod:

· Banned
26,037 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
FlyBryViper said:
One last question guys. If you are using an open tailer, do you stuff a foam wedgy in the NACA duct to keep from getting crap all over you air filters?
I actually never considered that, because that is what filters are for...I don't stuff anything in there when I am driving my RT down the road.

Plus I have a fairing on the front of my trailer, that is higher than the NACA duct... :thumb:
.................................:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

· Banned
26,037 Posts
snakebitdave said:
I had a near mis-hap once when I almost ruined my side sills/exhaust when the car shifted sideways. I don't know if I didn't have the straps tight enough or what. Now I always criss-cross my straps; left to right, right to left. It is more difficult in the front to do this than the rear.
That what I meant when I said strap 'em in an "X" :nod:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.