Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions based on experience? 26' enclosed trailer, in which I have hauled many vehicles, but the Viper is a little more difficult to reach secure strucures to attach the ratchet straps. Where do you guys attach your straps to the car without damaging the body for all four corners?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
there are cuts in the frame for you to put hooks. On the front on the fram rails and on the rear as well. The rear is easier to see than the front, but they are both there. Strap right to those.

Good luck!

JD

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
JID said:
there are cuts in the frame for you to put hooks. On the front on the fram rails and on the rear as well. The rear is easier to see than the front, but they are both there. Strap right to those.

Good luck!

JD
Well, it's a little more complicated than that, but not much, you have to buy four of [color:"blue"]THESE[/color] and then hook your straps to the "R" hook, not directly to the frame...You can damage your frame by strapping directly to it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SB
Where do I hook the "R" hook to the Viper? Not those little half-circles of round tubing welded to the frame, right? And, this will alllow the ratchet straps to clear the body, not causing any damage/scratches?
Thank You, FlyBry

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
The mounting holes are shaped like an 0 on a 45 degree angle, in the rear they are on the outside of the frame rail just behind the rear wheels. The fronts are a little harder they are mounted in the inside of the frame rails by the front tires. You can get the "R" hooks & four 10,000 lb. tie down straps at 1-800-TIEDOWN. Make sure you cross the straps in an "X" for a more stable tie down :nod:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
FlyBryViper said:
SB
Where do I hook the "R" hook to the Viper? Not those little half-circles of round tubing welded to the frame, right? And, this will alllow the ratchet straps to clear the body, not causing any damage/scratches?
Thank You, FlyBry
Those are jack points...there are holes in the frame on all four corners that the "R" hooks slip into, then you strap the them...Front is accessed through the fender well, in front of the tire, rears are aft of the tires...fronts are kinda of bitch to get at, especially if you are lowered, rears are cake...

I am at work or I could get you a photo....but [color:"blue"]HERE[/color] is a pic of me hauling...at least it gives you a rough reference as to the position of the straps...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SB & SoCal
Thanks Guys, I really appreciate that.
I thought it would be safe to use the slots in the frame rails becaus that is what a commercial car hauler would use. Glad to know that is correct.
I am all set for hauling, now if I could only clear my schedule for Shreveport!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One last question guys. If you are using an open tailer, do you stuff a foam wedgy in the NACA duct to keep from getting crap all over you air filters?
I'm using an enclosed trailer, so no problem. But, an open trailer on some of these filthy highways would have to get a little junk in there, right?

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
FlyBryViper said:
One last question guys. If you are using an open tailer, do you stuff a foam wedgy in the NACA duct to keep from getting crap all over you air filters?
I actually never considered that, because that is what filters are for...I don't stuff anything in there when I am driving my RT down the road.

Plus I have a fairing on the front of my trailer, that is higher than the NACA duct... :thumb:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a near mis-hap once when I almost ruined my side sills/exhaust when the car shifted sideways. I don't know if I didn't have the straps tight enough or what. Now I always criss-cross my straps; left to right, right to left. It is more difficult in the front to do this than the rear.

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
FlyBryViper said:
I actually never considered that, because that is what filters are for...I don't stuff anything in there when I am driving my RT down the road.

Plus I have a fairing on the front of my trailer, that is higher than the NACA duct... :thumb:
.................................:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.