Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have not figured out to change the preference from "show all dates" to "active in the last day" /images/graemlins/freak

I reset it in "My Alley" and it still won't stay that way.

I reset it at the bottom of the page and it still goes back to "show all dates".

And sometime when I go to a certain forum it shows that all the posts have been read when in fact I did not even look at that forum yet.

This is the only board that I am having trouble

I am doing something wrong here?

Thanks

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Jerome, do you have a firewall?

·
18,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clint, this I can answer, Yes I do but I am not using it. Don't know exactly what it is so I have it "off".

I saw that while snooping around my PC the other day, it was off and I left it that way.

As you can tell I know about nothing about these things. I just bought a Dell and went to town on it. Not doing too bad for learning most on my own. The guys here did teach me a thing or two, like how to load up on the soup. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
LOL - Figures soup would be the first thing you learned /images/graemlins/laughing.gif..

First off, a firewall is a program that keeps intrusions out of your computer. (Kind of like the firewall in an engine compartment keeps the motor separated from the cabin)

My guess is that you are probably not on dial-up, that you are using a cable modem - if you don't have a firewall activated it is very easy for someone/thing to send things into your computer without you knowing or stopping them. You probably have tons of Spyware on your computer (which is basically a little program that sends data about your computer to companies which track it) A firewall will stop those from incoming, as well as cookies from internet sites. I would recommend that you use a firewall. You probably have a McAfee firewall (comes standard on Dell) - I have not heard great things about that one. I would recommend Zone Alarm - I've had 14,000 blocked intrusions since August. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, you can download a free 30 day trial of Zone Alarm at download.com - I love it and it is extrememly simple to use and operate. Also, I would recommend downloading Ad Aware 6 - it will remove all of those Spyware packets on your computer.

You need any help with this you can give me a call - just PM me. You can buy Zone Alarm at Best Buy it's like 40$$ - indespensable, IMO. :thumb:

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Ok, sounds good :thumb:! You may try to "clear out your cookies", log back in and see if that will change it. (That option is in your "My Alley" feature)

Let me know how it goes!

Clint

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Humm, damn dude.. It may be an error in the code - sometimes I'll log in and it will not remember that I had read a bunch of threads and they're all bold.

Mike - MIIIIIKE!!! Need help here!

·
Enlightened
28,766 Posts
I think the age thing is a bug; the threads read/not read I see happen sometimes and maybe its something they will fix (but seems to work most of the time).

·
18,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks MP. I can live with the post timeframe being off, but the slowness :bonk:

Do you have any idea why only the Alley is slow? Anywhere else is fine, but here at times it is so slow I can't even reply before my screensaver come on. And that takes 10 mins :doh:

Other times I can't even get the summary page to come up at all.

Thanks again Clint and MP :cheers:

·
Enlightened
28,766 Posts
Dates are fixed.... it's an issue of traffic.... I'm working on some more caching to try and help speed it up.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Anytime Jerome :thumb:!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts