Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Team Crown Recruiter
10,002 Posts
Re: I\'m one of the \"Factory workers\" spoken of in another thread 40k used p

A buddy of mine just bought an 02 RT from a local dealership. They had it on the lot all summer for $82,000 (waaaaay overpriced IMO). If a high dollar car like that doesn't sell within 6 months, most dealers will send the car to auction. My buddy got the car for 70K.

I know for a fact that the same dealership took a 6000 dollar loss on a Prowler just to get it off their showroom floor last month.

My advice: Decide what the car is worth to you, and start low. Deal with the used car sales manager directly (this eliminates standard used car dealer tactics). If you reach your top-dollar offer and they still won't budge, walk away. It's definitely a buyers market where exotics are concerned. Hell, with Chevrolet offering 6 years interest free financing it's a buyers market almost across the board right now.

· Team Crown Recruiter
10,002 Posts
Re: I\'m one of the \"Factory workers\" spoken of in another thread 40k used p

BigCarrot said:
RockStar said:
My advice: Deal with the used car sales manager directly (this eliminates standard used car dealer tactics).

I have to disagree! That sales manager probably got promoted to that position because he was really good at selling cars. He knows how to manipulate you better than the sales guy! lol I've had people do that, and the mgr. tries to make a whopper of a deal just to show his minions how it's done! You may leave with a smile on your face, but you probably didn't get that great of a deal. /images/graemlins/wink
I only deal with managers because I hate sitting in the office during the "I have to check with my manager" bullshit. If a dealer has a car I'm interested in I go straight to the manager, make my offer, and if we can't agree on a price I leave my number. I hate spending 2 hours at a dealership just to hear that they are as low as they can go, but they'll throw in a free paint guard and some floor mats.

It usually helps to be driving an expensive car when you go also(many dealers where I live won't give you the time of day if you're looking at a Viper but you pulled up in a cavalier. Sad, but true).

Of course, I said fuck it and got my dealer license just to avoid these situations. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.