Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7,210 Posts
Re: I\'m one of the \"Factory workers\" spoken of in another thread 40k used plz!

Toby said:
59K for a 99 ACR with 6K miles uh?

I would say they are about 10k over what I would pay and the car would have to be in perfect condition.
Damn Toby, you Jew! That may be a touch over what it's worth, but not a terrible deal if the car is perfect!

· Registered
7,210 Posts
Re: I\'m one of the \"Factory workers\" spoken of in another thread 40k used p

Evilz_ACR said:
59k for a 99 acr ( assuming it's stock, good condition, never wrecked ) is about 6k high compared to ones i've seen with comperable miles.

make an offer of 53k and be prepared to walk away...
You're right, it is a bit high, but a perfect car demands a little more money. $55k would be my money on it if I was buying for myself.

· Registered
7,210 Posts

RockStar said:
My advice: Deal with the used car sales manager directly (this eliminates standard used car dealer tactics).

I have to disagree! That sales manager probably got promoted to that position because he was really good at selling cars. He knows how to manipulate you better than the sales guy! lol I've had people do that, and the mgr. tries to make a whopper of a deal just to show his minions how it's done! You may leave with a smile on your face, but you probably didn't get that great of a deal. /images/graemlins/wink

· Registered
7,210 Posts

The prices for a nice 99' don't really differ that much from 01' prices. 99' seems to be one of the most desirable years, especially in the ACR. You get the forged pistons, nice lumpy cam, better shocks, and the interior improvements. All you give up is the ABS, which is big for some folks, but not a deal breaker for others. When I started looking last time, I intentionally looked for a 99' ACR. I roasted the engine in my 01', so I wanted the stronger, forged 99' engine this time. That said, I do wish I had ABS, but the other things that I mentioned out weighed it this time around. I'm very happy with the 99'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.