Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine's family owns the newest hotel ON THE RIVERWALK in San Antonio!!

I had the owner call the Hotel to get us a deal. This is a brand new Niiiiiiiiice botique hotel and is booked every weekend.

You can see the hotel here: HOTEL VALENCIA

The regular room rate is $289.00 per night. I indicated we would take 10-15 rooms. Our room rate is $125.00 per night. :nod:

Please let me know what you think, if you are REALLY in or out and what nights you would be there. I will set up a block of rooms for the Viper Alley.

They have both valet and self-parking a block away. If we book I will arrange for our own parking area.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Is everyone going to stay here, or at the Riverwalk Plaza??
Let me know, cuz I booked at Riverwalk, but I'll change the reservation!

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XS TORQ said:
Is everyone going to stay here, or at the Riverwalk Plaza??
Let me know, cuz I booked at Riverwalk, but I'll change the reservation!
I am guaging interest. The owner is giving us a serious hook-up.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
It sounds like this Hotel (HOTEL VALENCIA )is on the RiverWalk.

I think a large portion of the folks that are coming down are staying in of the many hotels surrounding the Riverwalk itself.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nightstalker said:
It sounds like this Hotel (HOTEL VALENCIA )is on the RiverWalk.

I think a large portion of the folks that are coming down are staying in of the many hotels surrounding the Riverwalk itself.
That's my point. I am trying to get us all at the SAME hotel and I thought most of the out of town people would want to be ON the Riverwalk.

This way we can park our cars and hit the town at night without worrying about driving.

Let me know what you think. :squint:

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea - I figured that if we are all in the same place it will be sooooo much easier getting together and doing things at night.

Being ON the Riverwalk will have its advantages as well:

1. No driving at night.
2. Wives/girlfriends can stay at the hotel and shop/see the sites while we are at the track/carting/dyno day.
3. At night if someone wants to leave early - they can just walk back to the hotel.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay - here's the deal.

I just talked to David Boggs and it looks like there are going to be two official Viper National Hotels. One on the Riverwalk and one nearer the Track.

Looks like the Hotel Valencia will be the offical Riverwalk Hotel. I am awaiting a return call on getting the details for booking.

I will make a post as soon as I have the info.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,053 Posts
Fact:

All the hotels that are on the Riverwalk will be within 1 mile of each other. Most of them will be within 1/2 mile. It doesn't matter much which one you stay in, we just need to settle on a meeting place - like Dick's Last Resort, or Hooter's in the Rivercenter.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
GTS Dean said:
Fact:

All the hotels that are on the Riverwalk will be within 1 mile of each other. Most of them will be within 1/2 mile. It doesn't matter much which one you stay in, we just need to settle on a meeting place - like Dick's Last Resort, or Hooter's in the Rivercenter.

I here you Dean :thumb:

Dick's might be better with the outdoor seating in the changing view :devil:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I've got my room booked at the Riverwalk Plaza Hotel..But I'm going cancel it and stay here . If its anything like the one in San Jose its the Shiznit !!

Stayed there many a time..Great Rooms and major Party Vibe about the place.

Cheers

JEff

·
Irredeemable
9,343 Posts
Anthony, when will you have a block of rooms. When we call to reserve, what do when mention to get the discounted price?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Anthony prob will need more than 15 rooms!

thanks for taking care of this.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Anthony - Looks like my wife is giving me a kitchen pass. :thumb: I'm in for Saturday night (1 night) if possible.

Anybody from Austin interested in caravaning down on Saturday a.m.? :burn:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts