Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I swear , it feels like 200 more FT. Pounds of torque!! I detailed my wheel wells untill dark, had dinner and took her out in the cold , (40's), at night , and these tires still hook like crazy!!!!!!!!!! No more hop , spin , jump , slide, or lack of confidence. Pilots are so unpredictable compared to the sticky Kumhos. Even though they are brand new and I never got the rears good and hot , they still let me get on the gas around corners without any concerns. If you run 17's and don't try them , you are missing out big time. My car is now a race car again and not a slide waiting to happen. Out of the hole , they hook up like no other street tire. unless your Viper is a daily driver , you should check out a set. Tire rack or Jon B. will UPS a set of four for about $740.00 to your door. I had them on my 95 RT NOS car , and was starting to think that it handled better than my Gen. II. I am used to racing Karts and Superbikes with slicks , and these tires give excellent feedback and are confidence inspiring. Yes they will wear faster and pick up gravel when hot , but don't drive on dirty roads or 3M your wheel wells , and you will have no problems. When was the last time you felt good about giving your car the throttle around a turn with curbs? These are the next best thing to Hoosiers for the street. OK enough ranting!

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
To tell you the truth , I was starting to miss my 95 and the way it handled because it was so predictable , but now I feel like I can drive the GTS like everyone claimed. The pilots have about 1/3 left on the rear and about 1/2 left on the front. If anybody wants them , I will give them away for free. They still have some life left . What I really Hate is that wheel hop that you get with the Mich. Pilots. That is a non issue with the Kumhos. Next in line are the Unitrax and T&D's that have been sitting in my garage for a couple weeks. Then B&B headers , Header back 3 inch B&B exhaust system with no cats and a Roe or Paxton. If I do the Roe this intake will be for sale. Spray............

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
I'll take your fronts! Are they MXX3s?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
for the 18"s, BFGs are damn good also. i love em

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
viper spray said:
I swear , it feels like 200 more FT. Pounds of torque!! I detailed my wheel wells untill dark, had dinner and took her out in the cold , (40's), at night , and these tires still hook like crazy!!!!!!!!!! No more hop , spin , jump , slide, or lack of confidence. Pilots are so unpredictable compared to the sticky Kumhos. Even though they are brand new and I never got the rears good and hot , they still let me get on the gas around corners without any concerns. If you run 17's and don't try them , you are missing out big time. My car is now a race car again and not a slide waiting to happen. Out of the hole , they hook up like no other street tire. unless your Viper is a daily driver , you should check out a set. Tire rack or Jon B. will UPS a set of four for about $740.00 to your door. I had them on my 95 RT NOS car , and was starting to think that it handled better than my Gen. II. I am used to racing Karts and Superbikes with slicks , and these tires give excellent feedback and are confidence inspiring. Yes they will wear faster and pick up gravel when hot , but don't drive on dirty roads or 3M your wheel wells , and you will have no problems. When was the last time you felt good about giving your car the throttle around a turn with curbs? These are the next best thing to Hoosiers for the street. OK enough ranting!
Give us a report on the "sandblasting" of your wheel wells. I keep hearing about this problem but never get first hand info.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
CitySnake said:
Give us a report on the "sandblasting" of your wheel wells. I keep hearing about this problem but never get first hand info.
who gives a shit about "sandblasting", drive the damn thing like ya stole it and have fun....... it's only freakin' paint! It can be repainted and will be. You can't keep scratches and rock chips off it forever. :bowdown: :thumb:

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No problems with chipping on my old Viper , but I stay away from gravel and crappy roads. The roads around here are mostly good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts