Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
The ominous post from Mopar Steve about Lee needing to contact him immediately makes me wonder if he's the whistle-blower. Seems to make sense in hindsight.

Unfortunately, no car = no valid membership = no raffle ticket. Sucks to have a distraction from all of the problems within VCA.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The irony of this mess is that it is impossible to determine the proper outcome because we don't even know what State raffle rules apply! What a f'ing embarrassment. Lee has been so discredited by this whole mess. I don't know how he can even show up at work. I'll bet his employees are googling all day long. Guessing he's not being given consideration for entry into the Viper HOF.

There is still an opportunity to correct past failings:
VCAHOF REVOCATION

The VCA reserves the absolute discretionary right to revoke VCAHOF recognition if in the opinion of two thirds of the National Board, an inductee acts in a manner which harms or negatively impacts the VCA or it's reputation through inappropriate conduct or actions.
Yep,
Kansas and spouse need to have their names stricken from the HOF. Also, they need to BE FUCKING GONE from anything VCA related.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
The ominous post from Mopar Steve about Lee needing to contact him immediately makes me wonder if he's the whistle-blower. Seems to make sense in hindsight.
whistleblower: "one who reveals something covert or who informs against another"

whistleblower: "One who reveals wrongdoing within an organization to the public or to those in positions of authority"

Doesn't seem like an appropriate adjective to me. I don't think that the person who bought the first ticket drawn was a "wrong-doer" or did anything secretly, I don't think that the VCA trusting that the entrants were valid before announcing the winners are guilty of wrong doing. Hell, people here were arguing that VCA should have announced the "winners" the moment that the tickets were drawn.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think the first definition fits just fine, but pick whatever label you like. Appears that Mopar Steve could have been the one to notify supposed ex-pres Lee. See the second part of the quoted post for my opinion on validity of a non-member winner.

·
Registered
446 Posts
In the end it doesn't matter who the winner is

It just proves it is more of a fucking shit show. I assume legal raffles have guidelines for such issues.

·
Impartial person
13,539 Posts
whistleblower: "one who reveals something covert or who informs against another"

whistleblower: "One who reveals wrongdoing within an organization to the public or to those in positions of authority"

Doesn't seem like an appropriate adjective to me. I don't think that the person who bought the first ticket drawn was a "wrong-doer" or did anything secretly, I don't think that the VCA trusting that the entrants were valid before announcing the winners are guilty of wrong doing. Hell, people here were arguing that VCA should have announced the "winners" the moment that the tickets were drawn.

How about, "Rat Fink" or "Tattle Tale" or "Whiny Loser Bitch"?

·
Registered
312 Posts
No, no, no.....

The person who should be awarded the 2013 Viper is the person who bought Dave's Viper, and thus owns the correct VIN registered to the original grandprize winning ticket.....

Just thought I'd throw another legal argument someone could use to sue the VCA. :eek:

So now Dave should sue, the new owner of Dave's car (who has the correct VIN munber of the winning ticket) should sue, the 2nd place winner should sue, the third place winner should sue, and everybody else who bought a ticket should sue claiming that their ticket would have been selected if it weren't for Dave's inelligible ticket getting picked first.

This REALLY opens up a can of worms :confused:

Who is going to be the first lawyer to offer a class action lawsuit claiming all of the above mentioned scenarios?

·
Impartial person
13,539 Posts
The whole "You have to own a Viper to win a Viper" is seems flawed in itself, regardless of the rules. If I owned a Viper, why would I need another one anyway?
It's not fair. Vipers should be spread around to those that don't have Vipers already.

Signed: Obama

·
Impartial person
13,539 Posts
If the first winner had to pay taxes on the newly won Viper; then got it taken away, they should not get a refund.

Signed: The IRS

G

·
Well, if your mail carrier is anything like mine, there is an 86.7% probability a neighbor got your mail. YRMV.

Are you fuckin kidding me??? Using the old mail man routine? Dude the mail man knows and makes sure I get everything .. He knows me personally and never loses anything . How's this sound . VCA looks at my name and says guess what will say we entered Yo Ts ticket but they don't Nd they take my money.. Where is the proof??? They have my VCA number I gave it to them yesterday... Show me my tickets with the numbers printed but even with that I don't believe it. They can print up fake tickets and say here they are... All bullshit and scammers

·
Your Humble Servant
10,419 Posts
Here's a thought... I think all you dumb bastards that didn't spend (read: waste) your money on tickets should pay all us seriously dumb bastards who did spend (keep reading: wasted) money on tickets some token of appreciation for admittance into the show. After all, there is great value in ringside seats to this one...

·
RMPL
21,647 Posts
HW, you bought far more tix than most. Why not ask them to give you the location, license number and video of the raffle or your $900 back?

·
Your Humble Servant
10,419 Posts
HW, you bought far more tix than most. Why not ask them to give you the location, license number and video of the raffle or your $900 back?
Ok, some seriously dumb bastards are seriously dumber than just your average, seriously dumb bastard.. Happy now, party pooper? And here I was thinking we were friends....

On a serious note, I wish now I would have listened to what Biggest told me two weeks ago. Ok, he didn't really tell me but rather gave me the ol' West Texas hairy eyeball when I mentioned I borrowed money for the 9 tix and furthermore, the soon to be Mrs. Biggest laughed while the lovely and talented Tammie kicked the scar on my shin caused by the last time I pissed her off.

On an even more serious note and more to your original question, I learned long ago what pissing in the wind would get me... yeller sox and a red face. My personal thanks to Jerry Jeff Walker for that little tidbit of wisdom...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I would think that even your CC company had rules about refunding money paid for raffle tickets, if you called and told them that you were questioning the legality of said raffle, and that there was possible fraud and/or improper procedures, they WOULD look into it. I know AMEX would if I called.
At the very least, if you get CC companies demanding to know all of the information the VCA won't release to the members, or they won't pay, they will actually get some answers.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts