Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

41 - 60 of 149 Posts

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
Bylaws state that you have to have a VIN or a VON in order to be a member. i.e. own a Viper or have one on order. There's nothing about a mid year sale.

Raffle tickets are only available to members. (and above defines member eligibility)

Will be interesting to get the sale information.

Reactions: pj

·
Big Dawg
13,041 Posts
They accepted his membership money and raffle money. I'd love to read the rules on this one.
This! Were there any restrictions printed on the tickets or any of the auction literature? I wonder how many tickets were sold under the same circumstances? Will other former owners be entitled to a refund for their ticket purchases?

·
RMPL
21,678 Posts
I guess, if it was a legal raffle, anyone who wasn't eligible to win could get a refund. If it was an illegal raffle, everybody could get a refund.

They would have to stay up nights to think up ways to screw this up this much.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
We got an attorney. Simply put, since he sold his car before renewal, he's fucked.
On the plus side, if he retained membership in the VCA in violation of the rules, he should get back his membership dues, and the cost of the raffle ticket !

That might be a better deal than paying $30k+ in income taxes and 50k in lawyer fees for the privilege.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just for grins, I called a friend of mine who won a raffle car recently.
There were no questions from the VCA about the ownership of a Viper. They drove to VOI in a Viper.... It really could have been a viper titled in someone elses name.

Yes, they owned 2 Vipers at the time. BUT no questions were asked...

Why ask now???

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Just for grins, I called a friend of mine who won a raffle car recently.
There were no questions from the VCA about the ownership of a Viper. They drove to VOI in a Viper.... It really could have been a viper titled in someone elses name.

Yes, they owned 2 Vipers at the time. BUT no questions were asked...

Why ask now???
This^^ why now?

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Car was sold prior to 2013. Apparently they straight up asked him if he still owned one. We've had 4 vipers between is in the last 9 years

·
Registered
446 Posts
My assumption would be they are asking because they are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Imagine if it came out after the car was given to him that he wasn't a legit member. Everyone would be shitting themselves over that.

It is a fucking on their part, no doubt about it. But, it is a bit too late to be crossing your I's and dotting your T's at this point.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Apparently they straight up asked him if he still owned one. We've had 4 vipers between is in the last 9 years

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts
If he was allowed to buy tickets he should be allowed to win the car bottom line! Good luck and keep us posted on what happens.

·
Big Dawg
13,041 Posts
They should not have sold him tickets then. If they can ask when you win, they should ask when you are giving them your credit card number. Too convenient. I feel bad for you and your brother, Leaf. Fubar!

41 - 60 of 149 Posts