Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to repaint the hood grilles, does anyone know what color is correct
for a 94 R/T ? It looks like a semi-gloss black but would like an expert opinion. Thanks.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
What?!?! Hood grilles? Are you talking about your hood louvers? Shit just paint them the color of your hood :rolleyes: Are you going to paint them yellow on your black car, add a coffee can muffler, and then put a "type S" under your badging with a big ol "Powered by dodge" windshield banner across your windshield?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
smokin; serenity now bro, serenity now, LOL. anyway, hes talking about the black "speaker" vents not the louvers (or so i think)

i like the type R idea, mind if i borrow it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smokin said:
What?!?! Hood grilles? Are you talking about your hood louvers? Shit just paint them the color of your hood :rolleyes: Are you going to paint them yellow on your black car, add a coffee can muffler, and then put a "type S" under your badging with a big ol "Powered by dodge" windshield banner across your windshield?

To answer your questions no,no,no, and no. I can easily paint them the body color, I don't like fart cans or winshield banners, but to each his own. If you like them on your car then stick with it. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
8AV8; any semigloss or gloss will work fine. whats up, the paint coming off??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
V10 MOJO said:
8AV8; any semigloss or gloss will work fine. whats up, the paint coming off??
Yes its starting to flake off in a few places and the aluminum is showing through, nothing major but it bothers me. In the process of detailing the car per Snakebittens method and want it done right. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
autozone or pep boys; plastikote enamel spraypaint. itll do the job

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
I think you should fill the passenger side grill in with bondo to make the air conditioning more efficient.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
wow...serenity now. I agree.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts