Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
6,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, check this out.

Since I moved from NH, my hood has been out of alignment. I think it had something to do with getting the car loaded onto the trailer.

Anyways...

On the left side, I can stick a pencil between the top of the fascia and the hood on the side next to the tire.

On the right side, I could stick a cigar in the same gap.

So I took the fascia off to see if anything had shifted on the right side. I did find a couple small (10mm) bolts under the headlight had shifted, along with the bracket inside the wheelwell which connects the inner fenderwell to the front of the fenderwell.

I loosened everything up, and got that bracket where it should be. Reassembled everything.

The fascia now seems to be level (within 1/8") as measured from the top tip of the fascia by the tire, and under the fascia.

However, the gap on the right side is still there, just not as bad.

The leading edge of the hood seems to be slightly under the plane from the front of the fascia. It seems I need to adjust the hood slightly forward, and up in the front.

Anything else I should be looking for? The "manual" absolutely sucks for body adjustments...

Oh, and I have a small chip in the corner by the headlight on the ride side.

· Premium Member
6,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huge thanks to GTSDean who has pointed me in the right direction.

I've been spending time trying to adjust the hood to fit everything else, instead of the other way around.

With Dean's guidance, I believe I'll be able to whip this thing tomorrow.

· Premium Member
6,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's almost 100%.

Had to do the same as texasviper described.

My problem is, I was trying to make the hood fit everything else, rather than the other way around.

Started at the back, making sure the hood was aligned properly with the doors. Then work your way forward adjusting the catches up/down as needed to make the gap between the hood and the rocker panel is level. Then adjust the front fascia by adjusting the bolts up under the bumper panel. Then lastly, adjust the headlight pods to fit the new hole.

I've done all the above, now I just need to re-insert new plastic plugbolts (whatever the fuck you call those fasteners) and re-aim my headlights/foglights.

Took a long ass time to do it all.

· Registered
15 Posts
I bought new plastic "plugbolts" at a local body and paint supply store. I think they are called "panel fasteners-Christmas Tree Style Push Nails." I took a couple of the old ones along and bought all they had. If call HENRY'S AUTOMOTIVE WAREHOUSE, Nesconset, NY @ 1-800-239-8149 ask if there is anyone in your area they supply. You maybe able to buy from them. Quantity can become an issue.

· Landscaping Professional
14,104 Posts
5mm socket to adjust the headlights...

· Landscaping Professional
14,104 Posts
oops....:leaving:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.