Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every time i turn around, all i see is another brand new Corvette going down the road!

you guys/gals seeing the same thing in your areas?

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
I live in ******* kuntry. Pickup truck heaven. Or is that hell?

Anywho, I see 50 new Mustangs, Camaros and Corvettes (total combined) every day.

So yes, I'd call it a disease. Much like I guess diarrhea is.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
There's a group of exotic car owners around here who all got new Z06's... they park them together at C&C and pat each other's backs about the options they each got. It's entertaining.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
That is call
Sales my friend...I had plenty of Vette's before my viper n it doesn't bother me to see them...I could never go go back to owning one thought.. while dodge struggle to sell vipers Chevy raised the price on them vettes

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I work for GM and personally wouldn't buy one, they're great performing cars, the people that assemble the engines put great care into them and take pride in their jobs, I like the looks, but everyone has one = lamesauce.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I work for GM and personally wouldn't buy one, they're great performing cars, the people that assemble the engines put great care into them and take pride in their jobs, I like the looks, but everyone has one = lamesauce.
The Z06's are great bang for the buck but they are one of the three allowed types of sports cars here, the other two being Mustangs and WRX's. All over the place. They are all just too common for me, I like cars that are a little rare, relatively speaking.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hate to say it but when the prices plunge on the 2014 C7's I think that will be my next car. Unless I see a great deal on a Gen V. I know the older C6's blend in like camoflage on the streets, they never did it for me, I see those daily.. but the C7 I really like.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I know the older C6's blend in like camoflage on the streets, they never did it for me, I see those daily.. but the C7 I really like.
I agree, this is the first Vette in years I do a double take when I see one. No interest in owning one ,but I can appreciate the more aggressive look

·
Lost Senior Member
4,175 Posts
I agree, this is the first Vette in years I do a double take when I see one. No interest in owning one ,but I can appreciate the more aggressive look
This. I saw a black on black one the other day and a white one today. They're definitely a step up from the C5 and C6. I've already had a C3 and a C5 and have no desire to own another one.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It's a complete disease up here in the twin cities, I was playing mini golf ( and kicking my kids asses) and I saw 6 go by in 2 hours. Since I saw my first viper in 1992 I have only ever seen 6 actually driving down the road. And let's not even get started on mustangs. Fkn weak

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
I worry about the heat soak issues of the C7 ZO6. I love the car itself - just not yet convinced the ownership experience would match that of the Gen 5.

On the other hand, we don't see any around here - seen 1 white ZO6 at a show and 3 base C7's on a lot. We see all the high end Euro cars every day, but C7's and Vipers are rare here. If I saw C7's every day I'd be less impressed I'm sure.

As for a Gen 5 - not seen one yet in NZ

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
God some of them are just turrrrrrible. There's a maroon and green forest one in the parking lot today, with TAN convertible tops. I'd honestly prefer driving a new Sonata based purely on looks. I wouldn't want to be noticed in that color combo.

·
Registered
11,557 Posts
To be fair I see way more Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and McLarens etc then Vipers. But doesn't make me go I don't want that Aventador their too common lol. Don't want a Vette..... But just say'in ;) :D

·
Landscaping Professional
14,005 Posts
Around these parts, Challengers are EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'm sick of the average person on welfare able to afford a sportscar, I've worked hard all my life and make great pay for my age, as I'm sure a lot of you have as well, these nice things are losing their meaning, as shitty as I might sound I want my car to almost be a way of separating class.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts