Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather was awesome!
The track was prepped! Too good...

I drove 1.5 hours there and went straight to the line and ran a Motor Only pass. The car now has tubes/filters & headers/exhaust, thats it.

I launched at 4500 and the car dead hooked, bogged really bad. Crappy 60', but the car still ran [email protected] which is better than my all day best pass before the headers/exhaust of 11.53. I think with a good launch and a cool down I could get real close to 11.00 on motor only with just the few mods.

I then I opened the bottles.
I did not purge the system and launched at 4000. The car bogged really bad stumbled due to getting the extra fuel with no Nitrous then shot off like a bandit. [email protected]
This was with a horrible 1.65 60' time.

Next pass, I purged the lines, lauched at 4600 with the nitrous out of the hole. The tires dug in like mad 1.47 60'!!!
And what do you know, I missed third :pissed:

This would have been a GOOD run.

My last run I launched hard on the spray and toasted the clutch. Day over /images/graemlins/sad

I have to say I am impressed with this system.
I think with the jets the car has now. It will go 10.30ish.

Thanks www.racetested.com & Macedo Motorsports!!!!

Jason
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/913burnout012504.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/913launch012504-med.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/913launchwrinkle012504-med.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/913viperpurgefront012504-med.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Great Pics Jason !

You may want to drop Heffner a line , he has a new Dual Disk Clutch that seems to be working out great :thumb:

:cheers:

Jeff

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
jason427 said:
I drove 1.5 hours there and went straight to the line and ran a Motor Only pass. The car now has tubes/filters & headers/exhaust, thats it.

You drove 1.5 hours to the track on your slicks and skinnies???

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You drove 1.5 hours to the track on your slicks and skinnies???
Of course, and the rears are ET Streets.

It was a beautiful day. It drives better than stock, except for the corners.

Jason

·
Registered
950 Posts
Yellow,

The dual disc setup your referring to wouldn't happen to be the RPS Carbon/Carbon would it? I haven't used one, although I'm hearing mixed reviews. Most of the very fast cars I'm aware of are still utilizing the stock LUK setup since it retains normal characteristics during use whereas the RPS and SPEC are finicky. Maybe others using these products can shed some light?

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
MacedoMS said:
Yellow,

The dual disc setup your referring to wouldn't happen to be the RPS Carbon/Carbon would it? I haven't used one, although I'm hearing mixed reviews. Most of the very fast cars I'm aware of are still utilizing the stock LUK setup since it retains normal characteristics during use whereas the RPS and SPEC are finicky. Maybe others using these products can shed some light?

Has anyone found a clutch that will do more than four or five hard lauches???

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
MacedoMS said:
Yellow,

Hi Larry , the clutch that Heffner is using is actually a custom configuration..I'm not sure of all the details , I'm having him install one in my RT.

I know that Sal P has one in his Twin Turbo and he's very happy..No chatter and the pressure is almost like a stock clutch.

:cheers:

Jeff

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jason, do you use the maximiser(spelling) with your system?

Isaac
Issac,

I think the Maximiser is REALLY needed if your planning on playing on street tires or drag radials for that matter. It can't hurt and there is a money back guarantee if you don't want it.

With full drag setup (E.T. Streets & skinnys), Im not sure that it is totally needed. If I raise the jets then that may be a different story.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
MacedoMS said:
Yellow,

Has anyone found a clutch that will do more than four or five hard lauches???
The Spec will.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.