Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah the joys of Viper ownership.. I loaned out my Viper for a day to my best friend who was undergoing leg surgery the next day (is now wheelchair bound for a month or more). While he was out driving, a bigass bird kamikaze'd into the front fascia.. I guess those birds have hard peckers.. :nod:
The bird nailed the bottom of the fascia right in the middle, took off a little paint and cracked the paint on the lower lip. My friend said it sounded like the bird took off the front fascia when it happened. Luckily, nothing broke. Anyways.. have any of you had your front fascia repainted lately? I was wondering what prices in the "big cities" ran vs the small town jackasses who try to inflate prices around here. I've been considering repainting for a while due to rockchips, but was waiting until it became more noticeable, I guess this forces my hand a bit.

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
I think you can generally get it done for under $400. A friend of mine hit a cat at 90+ mph in his GTS. Took out a driving light lense and cracked the facia in that same area. Fun!

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
I've heard $500-$600 in the NYC area. Lucky the bird went under the car rather than into the radiator!

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
your username has never been more appropriate....glad the damage was minimal.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Makaha said:
your username has never been more appropriate....glad the damage was minimal.
Good point! :thumb: /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't even think about that the bird coulda wiped out the radiator.. very good point.. :rofl:
I got the nickname from taking out a deer in my other car.. :nod:
Tastee venison though!! that was the most expensive deer meat I've ever eaten.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I had the exact same thing happening to me. I was fortunate enought that it hit my foglight, i just had to scrape birdbrain off the fascia and get a replacement fog light at $120. I hit the bird doing ~120 or so.

Nasty, and the dead bird stink required a whole lot of cleaning before it was gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts