Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed Borla 3" cat back last weekend. Big help in the sound department, maybe a little SOTP. I had alreayd removed the rear muffler. Now for high flow cats, I know you all have discussed this before, but I would like HF cats that will fit the 2.5" inlet of the Borla cat back, and future headers. Has anyone done this, what do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With a 3" in & out HF cat, I would have to reduce it to 2.5" to fit the stock headers, correct? And then reduce it to 2.5" to fit the inlet of the new 3" Borla catback. Does this make sense? Why not just use the 2.5" In/out HF cats? Again, I need all of your expertise deciding what to do.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Go with the 3". Because you will be adding headers in the future. You've already got the Mod. bug. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Banned
26,067 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks SoCal, that is all good feedback. Now I just need to find some 3" Random Tech HF cats and an adapter for the 2.5" inlet on the Borla Cat Back.

·
Registered
165 Posts
FlyBry,

I have the same setup you do. However, I cut the 2.5" side of the Borlas off. Why have it? I used the adapter on the flex pipe side.

That way, you only have one constriction...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exactly, I'm going to change my Borlas, that way the 3" outlet on the HF will connect to the 3" inlet of the Borlas. Like you said, at this time my only restriction will be at the flex-pipe. I even have some 3" elbows. I might intall these right after the flex-pipe, getting rid of the stock elbow. This will hold me until I do headers in the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts