Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The RT/10 stereo isn't even worth turning on now. No big deal for around town but the long drive to Bowling Green V10 Nats to whoop everyone's ass will require some celebratory AC/DC on the way home.

I'm going to buy some speakers tomorrow. Gerald, you recommend Kicker K525 for the doors. What should I get for the middle speaker?

Also, should I look for a Alpine MRV F340 amp? Or should I get the connector Redbeard posted and get a better amp?

Didn't wanna revive this thread. I've had a tutor explaining it to me and I think I'm getting close to figuring it out.
http://www.viperalley.com/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/99359/page/4/view/collapsed/sb/5/o//fpart/3/vc/1

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many miles do you have on your two Vipers Ron? /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
chuck chuck; snakebiten wouldnt know a quality system to pump high amp tunage if it bit him.

get either MB quart 6.5 components for doors or JL audio 6.5 components. do a JL audio 6W0 in the center, run two amps, a 300x4 for the door components and a dedicated 15x2 for the center. now, make sure to get that center enclosure nice and tight with silicone or itll sound like shit. if ya got the time, refab a center console to handle a ture 8" sub and then itll hit all you need for an RT10.

se you in BG and bring some dollar bills, i know a nice lil place to visit, lorretta will love it too /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
chuck chuck; snakebiten wouldnt know a quality system to pump high amp tunage if it bit him.

get either MB quart 6.5 components for doors or JL audio 6.5 components. do a JL audio 6W0 in the center, run two amps, a 300x4 for the door components and a dedicated 15x2 for the center. now, make sure to get that center enclosure nice and tight with silicone or itll sound like shit. if ya got the time, refab a center console to handle a ture 8" sub and then itll hit all you need for an RT10.

se you in BG and bring some dollar bills, i know a nice lil place to visit, lorretta will love it too /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
Uhm...OK...Back here on earth....Chuck...After I get back from the gym, I'll line ya out on the audio gear for those of us who don't have a gazzilion dollars to blow on non-performance crap.... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
ahh sheesh i knew if i spouted a bit of smack, the ol man would rise up to defend hiself. whats up you no email returning biiiiitch. the gym , cmon now wonderburger IS NOT the gym , i keep tellin you that

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
you gonna make it to BG gerald?

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
ahh sheesh i knew if i spouted a bit of smack, the ol man would rise up to defend hiself. whats up you no email returning biiiiitch. the gym , cmon now wonderburger IS NOT the gym , i keep tellin you that

You didn't send me a email...BEEEYYYYOOOOTTTTCH!!!

Try sending it again... [email protected] ...so you don't even have to spell, just click on it!!! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
no fool the last email you sent, everything turn out good??

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hate to hijack my own thread so, would you two gym-jocks try to stay on topic? Same goes for no-viper Ron. Interesting that a man with your "hit" list lives vicariously through me and my two Vipers.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Chuck since you wanted to line up with me the rookie drag racer and I still beat you by a 10th on my 1 of 2 passes, I will offer up some good radio advise. Go with the set up Rich suggested and enclose the back side of your center speaker box with a little fiberglass. If you do not it will sound like ass. This is the set up I used on my old Gen I and it sounded great.
C~

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SNAKE HYDES said:
Chuck since you wanted to line up with me the rookie drag racer and I still beat you by a 10th on my 1 of 2 passes,
Hmmm, that's interesting. So what place does your trophy say on it?

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bring it Ron. Bring a kidney belt too. Sebring aint no cushy-ass smoothy track like the Kalifags have out your way.

Now, lets get back to my fucking STEREO SYSTEM!!!!

·
Banned
26,067 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
SNAKE HYDES said:
Chuck since you wanted to line up with me the rookie drag racer and I still beat you by a 10th on my 1 of 2 passes, I will offer up some good radio advise. Go with the set up Rich suggested and enclose the back side of your center speaker box with a little fiberglass. If you do not it will sound like ass. This is the set up I used on my old Gen I and it sounded great.
C~
Oh I guess you had to participate in the actual race that counted to get one of those huh and not just the two warm up races. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
C~

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Turn 8? That's it? Start at turn one and if you haven't lost a filling by the time you round 17 you aint driving hard enough. Sebring requires medical AND dental waivers.

Do you have plans set yet? If not, take a look at my schedule and try to make it on a weekend I have Sebring scheduled. You can sign up with SAFE Motorsports and we'll track it for about six hours straight. NO RUN GROUPS!!! LOL it's awesome! Maybe we can schedule some stock car driving in at USASpeedway.com also. You may not like watching it but you'll love driving it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts