Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Heffner, where\'d ya go today? I had something for you....

Well, we got 9s!!! Here are the details:

60' - 1.462
330' - 4.129
1/8 - 6.361 @ 115.71 mph
1/4 - 9.901 @ 137.90

Dave drove the car and let off at the top of the track because the car was breaking up a bit. We changed the spark plugs and I made a pass - 10.71 @ 142.57 mph What a difference a set of sparkplugs made in the mph. Not only did the car had its record e.t. today but also trap speed (142.57). And we're leaving a LOT on the table. We're not even running close to the 1000 rwhp that the car put down.

This car is incredible. It's definitely capable of mid 9s in its current state. I broke the rear last week and we went with 2.73s. Maybe not an ideal selection but enough to get us a 9 second time slip. Nothing like going through traps in 3rd

I gotta thank Cartek for building me this car and all the support they've shown. HUGE props to them.

Here's the video:

9.90 run video

Jason, it would've been great if we lined up our two TTs but I know you had clutch issues.

·
Registered
24,375 Posts
Re: Hey, Heffner, where\'d ya go today? I had something for you....

DAMN, that thing hits hard on the launch....nice going paul.

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,546 Posts

AWESOME RUN-CONGRATS! :rofl: :dance:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks guys. I was really happy with the car today.

Jeff, my best so far is 10.71 @ 142. Why didn't you come yesterday?

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts

Congrats on your new best Paul! /images/graemlins/thumbs2

This whole clutch thing is getting old! :pissed:

I kind of knew it was gone after I finished the burnout and tried a couple of releases. I released the clutch and the car would move a second later.

Sal

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Viper TT said:
Congrats on your new best Paul! /images/graemlins/thumbs2

This whole clutch thing is getting old! :pissed:

I kind of knew it was gone after I finished the burnout and tried a couple of releases. I released the clutch and the car would move a second later.

Sal
That sucks, man. I fried a twin disc Exedy within 2 weeks. This McLeod is holding up nicely so far even with the 2.73s and 28" tire.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts

The McCleod Twin Disk in my car lasted one race which yielded the 9.72 pass (Heffner driving). The McCleod lasted for about 7-8 1/4 mile passes and then it was done.

Since then I've had the Centerforce and this custom HorsepowerFreaks Feramic. I haven't been able to make a pass without the clutch giving out yet. Eventually I'll make it down the 1/4 with a clutch!:burn:

The good news is [email protected] is going to warranty this clutch due to the premature failure. Yesterday was the first time this clutch saw the track after ~500 miles of breakin and 10-12 dyno pulls.

·
Registered
12,064 Posts

Paul,

At the very least, I hope you had a good time and that your request for more Viper representation was met!

Jay K.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Jay, I was VERY happy that we had a good Viper turnout. I'm not a Vette or a Viper fan; I'm a go-fast car fan. I understand that there are more Vettes than Vipers but I just want to get more Viper guys to come out and race. Vipers are simply awesome cars and they SHOULD be raced. Nobody should give a flying fuck if the Vette guys win or the Viper guys win. This was simply a good event to get together, hang out, and have fun with our cars. I think the event should've been better organized but it'll get there eventually.

Sal, we contacted McCleod (along with several other manufacturers)and gave them specs on the car. They stepped up and built a one-off clutch for us. You should ask Jason to contact Dave @ Cartek so he could put him in touch with his guy @ McCleod. 2.73 gear and a 28" tire is a tall order for any drivetrain but the clutch is holding up just fine so far. Perhaps you should give them a shot? You're putting down "only" about 100 rwtq morw than me (I'm saying "only" because at these levels 100 is not an enormous difference).

I'm working on a private rental at Atco for November 23rd. Let me know if you're interested. Atco is very well prepped and it hooks insanely well. I'd love to see you and Jason up here again.

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts

Heffner and I had a long discussion about clutches after we left the track on Saturday. I'll mention the McCleod custom route to him. Thanks for the information.

As for the 23rd, if I have a clutch in the car by then I'll be there on the 23rd. Thanks for the invite.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Definitely give them a shout. They came through for us pretty quickly. If you make a decision now, you'll most likely have it for the 23rd. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

Paul, that is awesome! I knew you guys would get that car in the 9's. It looked to me that those new tires were a major improvement over the last set. I've got a feeling that we're gonna hear more good news from you regarding this car real soon. Congratulations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.