Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to John, Nick and Allen @ HPE. John was catching a plane and I only heard a little bit of the story, but the competition with LPE was fierce, within a scant second. The only other bit of info I caught was RSI's respective run which was within 5-6 seconds of HPE and LPE. Congrats to HPE, LPE and RSI!

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Wow - congrats John, look forward to seeing the news on this!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
What I've heard:
1st - HPE
2nd - Lingenfelter
3rd - ?
4th or 5th - RSI

0-60
3.35 seconds for the EVO in first place
3.5 seconds for HPE in second place

1/4 mile
[email protected] HPE
137 traps for Lingenfelter
129 for RSI
120 for EVO

I'm sorry this is information is so incomplete, but this is all i've heard. Hopefully it's all accurate.
Peter

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Viper only - /images/graemlins/smiles Lingenfelter vette, MTI vette, EVO, ... It was the annual supertuner shootout... Lingenfelter, MTI, RSI, HPE, Vishnu, Renntech, .......

As for details, bro, I wish I knew, all I know is what I posted...
Peter

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Why didn't Heffner, DLM, Macedos and others get in on this? Seems like a great place to get your name out there.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We were invited, but the delivery of the Gallardo we were going to test ended up being the same weekend since Ultimate Motorworks wouldn't return phone calls or give us solid information. Sux for us! We were also going to bring a 996TT we built, but we were told C&D had enough of those to test. Well, as it turns out, NONE of the Porsche tuners showed to the event. As you can imagine, I was somewhat upset since we were ready to lay down the gauntlet with our 996. Oh well, there's always next year. BTW, they weren't interested in having us bring a Viper. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
COngrats HMS for Making the VIper shine on THe national Stage!!!

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Big Congrats to Hennessey.

I wonder what happened to RSI. Rohn did you attend the event?

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
King GTS said:

Hey Trey,

When you mod your new sled - make sure you pick a winning team. :nod: You're my bro and I don't want you embarrassing youself out there.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
What month issue will that be in. I'll just have to get a news stand copy of that. I can't wait.

BTW big congrats to HMS. I know they took 3rd the last 2 years behing LPE and some porche tuner...I can't remember.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
King GTS said:

Trey
Nothing happened, first time for this type of an event for them and I was told that they came in 3rd. RSI ran on 93 octane at about 650 RWHP. SW driving with no seat time in the car and a 3rd is pretty good.

Congrats to John for his first place and running an 800RWHP Viper on 93 octane and kicking butt.

You asked "wonder what happened to RSI" I ask why would it be like that,why wonder or wonder what?

They had a great show and the Viper had zero problems. Either way John came in first but that doesn't make the tuners that did not show up bad nor does it make RSI questionable.

Rohn

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Tanked said:
BTW big congrats to HMS. I know they took 3rd the last 2 years behing LPE and some porche tuner...I can't remember.
Trey
There is your answer, 3rd 2 years in a row so hopefully RSI can do it in the second year.
Like Anthony said for you to go with a winner, you have many choices in the Viper world with all of the great Tuners, all winners. :thumb:

Rohn

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Tanked said:
What month issue will that be in. I'll just have to get a news stand copy of that. I can't wait.

Actually, C&D ran "little guys" (ricers, mainly) last year. In 2002, HMS placed fourth. The Challenge usually runs in the Sept. issue, look for it in subscription holders' mailboxes around the end of July.

:nod: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.