Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
3,854 Posts
Its hard to say, we dont have any test time at the dragstrip on the 4speed auto yet. But I can tell you that it will live a heck of a lot longer than a 6speed with big power. Ask the guys that keep breaking their 6speeds.

Our 2speed powerglide package has been bullet proof and has over 30 passes in the mid to low 9's plus an 8.93 pass and it has never had a problem.

·
Registered
530 Posts
FlyBryViper said:
I know it depends on gearing, tire size, stall speed, etc. but would the 4 speed auto box even get into 4th gear in the quarter?
In most autos 4th is a .67-.72 OD, so effectively a bit taller gear than 5th on the T-56. If your hitting 5th then you will use 4th with the auto.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm also interested to hear how that tranny would work with a centrifugal blower and 850+ rwhp for street and track use. Wouldn't you have to use a really high stall speed to launch effectively, and wouldn't that be a PITA on the street?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.