Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
966HP, 875 Torque...all motor, single four barrel, cast intake, then.....

It Broke # 3 rod on the seventh pull and destroyed the block

So I guess I won't make the Supra deal

DAYYYYYMMMM That was an expensive dyno day

[image]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/BLEBYU588/hemidyno.jpg[/image]

[image]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/BLEBYU588/dyno_damage.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
587 Posts
Damn that's a LOT of all motor power! :bowdown: :thumb: How high are you RPM'ing that bad boy?

Congrats on the numbers! :thumb: Sorry about the rod :( I wish I could have seen that beast run at the TX Supra/Viper meet!

BLEBYU said:
966HP, 875 Torque...all motor, single four barrel, cast intake, then.....

It Broke # 3 rod on the seventh pull and destroyed the block

So I guess I won't make the Supra deal

DAYYYYYMMMM That was an expensive dyno day

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We where turninig it 7500 on the dyno, shifting at 7000 in the car, but get this, it made like 958 to 965 all the way from 6300 to 7500 the hp was flat for a little over 1000 rpms....

·
Registered
587 Posts
958 it's a LOT of HP for "only" 6300 RPM's all motor! :nod: :bowdown: What's the displacement of this bad boy? Is it a Chrysler block? Or are talking an aftermarket block such as a Donovan?

Very, very impressive, and once again sorry to hear about the rod failure, serious bummer :(

BLEBYU said:
We where turninig it 7500 on the dyno, shifting at 7000 in the car, but get this, it made like 958 to 965 all the way from 6300 to 7500 the hp was flat for a little over 1000 rpms....

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aluminum, Bill Miller. Hard to say if it was a rod failure, or it jerked the bottom of the piston out, then the rod broke from slinging around. The big end of the rod is still bolted to the crank and spins free, so it was not a bearing issue

·
Registered
587 Posts
VERY impressive! :thumb: Hope you get another motor built up soon! :nod:

BLEBYU said:
588 cubic inch, Chrysler megablock 1.64 hp per cubic inch,

er,,,it was,anyway :doh:

·
Registered
33,838 Posts
Jerome said:
You can get that block fixed if that is the only damage done to it is what I can see. :nod:
The lower portion looks like a reletively easy fix, however, whatever created the hole above would have had to go through the cylinderwall first. :ugh:
It's sleave time. :nod:

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Jerome said:
All so true. I have seen tons worse than that fixed.

Cast iron blocks ?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I think that some of you are thinking that this is an aluminum block. You can't repair a cast iron block that has been damaged that badly. Sorry to hear about your mishap. When there is a catastrophic failure like this it's usually hard to say what caused it. Maybe a wrist pin locked up?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.